Boosted Auto car question

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This is really my first week with paxton on the car. Went out tonight for some testing and overall i'm really happy with the kit. My p zeros gotta go asap but had something happen twice that I couldn't tell if I was spinning really hard, traction control took over, or if its tune related.

Both times the car was in sport mode traction control on. First time I was rolling down an on ramp accelerating somewhat hard and went wide open throttle around 4.5K. The car revved up to redline immediately but felt like it stopped pulling. The second time was from a dig I finessed her out about 60ft and laid in to it and the car felt like it complete stopped forward progress and revved to redline until the boost dissipated. Didn't really feel like it was spinning because I let out a bit seeing if it would hook and no dice. Didn't see any tire smoke or marks but it was dark and again the pzeros suck.

Mostly likely explanation is its just completely blowing the tires off but curious if traction control would completely take over like it does when in snow/wet mode?

What mode are you guy liking? Traction control on or off? Do you prefer the paddle shifters or just let it do its thing?

Thanks
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It will take over

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Turn traction control off and learn how to drive the beast. :)

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Wait wait wait, in the auto when TC kicks on, it just disconnects the engine and lets it rev to redline? That doesn't sound right at all... they normally cut throttle to slow the engine down, not just disconnect the engine from the drivetrain letting free rev.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
When my TC kicks in I smell brake pads burning :)

To avoid this I have to turn Advance Trac off not just the TC off.

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wait wait wait, in the auto when TC kicks on, it just disconnects the engine and lets it rev to redline? That doesn't sound right at all... they normally cut throttle to slow the engine down, not just disconnect the engine from the drivetrain letting free rev.
I'll be honest it felt weird that is why I posted. I wasn't expecting it so I was more focused on gauges and what was going on around me. From the seat of the pants it felt more like transmission slippage than tire spin or traction control cutout. Although I doubt that is what happened.

Going to see if I can make it happen again with a gopro on the rear tires and datalogging.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Transmission slip to allow it to redline, but not accelerating much. Traction control would pulse the brakes, and cut throttle not rpm's going up.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Uh oh, that doesn't sound good. I hope you didn't blow through the converter or slip the clutches.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No clue, but would your symptoms perhaps be caused by the belt slipping?

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think if the belt was slipping I would see a drop in boost? I data logged the car last night and lund said it look good. Wish I would of caught this but no big deal I'll just try and make it happen again.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
No way its belt slip... From the limited info I would put my money on toasted clutches.

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No way its belt slip... From the limited info I would put my money on toasted clutches.
I hope your wrong haha. The car has 13.5K miles on it. Been tuned about 10k and boosted less than 100 miles. Probably with data logging less than 10 pulls.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I hope your wrong haha. The car has 13.5K miles on it. Been tuned about 10k and boosted less than 100 miles. Probably with data logging less than 10 pulls.
I hope so too!

Be a good time for an intermediate shaft, upgraded clutches, and converter tho:)

Then the trans will be bullet proof for a long time to come.

Clutches are sensitive. Yes they should be good for your power levels, but get them hot at any time and their life expectancy really drops.
Sponsored