wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
So it's pretty much confirmed by both companies that Whipple Gen 5 kit and VMP "Odin" kit will be getting CARB EO this year for the Voodoo.

Which would you prefer for your GT350?
Cant wait...im a whipple guy at heart!

I ran on of their first iterations back in 1999 on my 351w Ford Lightning, then immediately blew the ring lands off 4 pistons...but killed a Mustang Cobra in the process, so it was worth it :cwl:
Sponsored

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
How much whp is the stock 5.2 voodoo engine capable of on a Procharger reliably? I've seen some at 850whp+ ? What supporting mods are needed to get to this level.....modified fuel system? What else?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
So it's pretty much confirmed by both companies that Whipple Gen 5 kit and VMP "Odin" kit will be getting CARB EO this year for the Voodoo.

Which would you prefer for your GT350?
Iā€™d vote Whipple to better match the Voodoo rev range.

Also, if that Hellcat is an auto, youā€™re still need to bring your A-game on the shifter if youā€™re going to stay in front!
-J

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much whp is the stock 5.2 voodoo engine capable of on a Procharger reliably? I've seen some at 850whp+ ? What supporting mods are needed to get to this level.....modified fuel system? What else?
If youā€™re going to keep good octane in it, Iā€™d personally run a 5.2 at 850rwhp without concern. Still, anything at that power level, you need to be prepared for a build if youā€™re going to really use the 850rwhp.
-J

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
If youā€™re going to keep good octane in it, Iā€™d personally run a 5.2 at 850rwhp without concern. Still, anything at that power level, you need to be prepared for a build if youā€™re going to really use the 850rwhp.
-J
What if car is going on the road course track once a month with multiple 20min sessions all day.....for traction and not overheating......rest of month driven on street once a week

Screenshot_20210413-232805_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you absolutely donā€™t need that power level!
No offense but I doubt youā€™re really pushing youā€™re 350 to itā€™s capabilities at the track even with stock power, I know I canā€™t.
In that application, much safer to keep it at the lower boost levels.
Maybe just change the pulley for the track?
On the street, Iā€™d personally want the 850hp, while open tracking, much lower.
-J

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
How do you switch tune and pulley each time...sounds painful

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d vote Whipple to better match the Voodoo rev range.

Also, if that Hellcat is an auto, youā€™re still need to bring your A-game on the shifter if youā€™re going to stay in front!
-J
I'm not clear on the difference between the Rev range of the two blowers as they are both PD style.

also I'm not sure what you mean by the hellcat, I don't see anything about a hellcat in my comment. that said, my bone stock R with a proflex commander running e85 pulled on a Challenger hellcat on the freeway... maybe I got him in the wrong gear or something but I didn't give him another chance after I braked lol

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Wow...you guys have balls of steel to do an FI on the GT350 engine. I'd be worried about throwing a rod or some other catastrophic damage that can happen to a stock engine which is only exacerbated by FI. The shops that put these on...do they warranty the engine? What about after that warranty period?

Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ive mentioned it here before.. the owner of the shop that did the Whipple install on my '17 has a '16 with over 60,000kms. Whipple went on right away. He drives it hard, 2 big rules to follow: Don't beat on it until the oil is up to operating temp and only run the fuel that the tune was built for. I'd say the same would apply for N/A too.
I wonder how many of the failed voodoos had owners that took them to 8k before the engine and oil temp was up.... not that they would ever admit it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Beating a dead horse with that. There are literally hundreds of these cars with boost on them.

QUOTE="joe603, post: 3229993, member: 57029"]
Wow...you guys have balls of steel to do an FI on the GT350 engine. I'd be worried about throwing a rod or some other catastrophic damage that can happen to a stock engine which is only exacerbated by FI. The shops that put these on...do they warranty the engine? What about after that warranty period?
[/QUOTE]

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not clear on the difference between the Rev range of the two blowers as they are both PD style.

also I'm not sure what you mean by the hellcat, I don't see anything about a hellcat in my comment. that said, my bone stock R with a proflex commander running e85 pulled on a Challenger hellcat on the freeway... maybe I got him in the wrong gear or something but I didn't give him another chance after I braked lol
Hellcat comment was for the other member. Just sayin the Hellcats donā€™t just become a pussycat when you bolt a blower on a 350.

On the PD blower differences, theyā€™re actually a bit different.
The Eaton TVS is a Roots PD and the Whipple is a Twin Screw PD.
The Roots moves air from one side of the rotors to the other while a Twin Screw actually compresses air inside the case.
The TVS is the best of the Roots style blowers but the Twin Screws are more efficient by definition. (Interestingly the Hellcats come with a 2.4 or 2.7 IHI Twin Screw blower).
-J

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
I got the car with dual Aeroforce OBD pillar gauges....I noticed that the boost shows negative values so I ordered the "AeroForce 2 Bar MAP Boost/Vacuum Sensor Kit"

At least I will know exactly how much boost I got....dyno tuner and mechanic werent able to tell me yet........what gauges do you all recommend?

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
I got the car with dual Aeroforce OBD pillar gauges....I noticed that the boost shows negative values so I ordered the "AeroForce 2 Bar MAP Boost/Vacuum Sensor Kit"

At least I will know exactly how much boost I got....dyno tuner and mechanic werent able to tell me yet........what gauges do you all recommend?
Negative values can be normal at idle/low rpm depending on the setup. It just means the supercharger is not spinning fast enough to provide positive pressure vs what the engine is sucking in. It should not show negative all the time though or when youre on throttle
Sponsored