evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I installed the Boomba transmission mount yesterday along with BMR motor mounts. There is a noticeable difference in NVH at 3500 rpms and up. I wasn't able to completely test it since I installed my new clutch yesterday too. At cruising speeds you won't notice anything. But, this helped tighten up the drivetrain a lot. Shifting with my MGW is even better now. The NVH doesn't bother me at all. I had a EVO 8 with solid mounts as a DD. But, if you are someone who cries over NVH, just leave your car stock or buy a prius.
Sponsored

McJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang PP Magnetic
I installed the Boomba transmission mount yesterday along with BMR motor mounts. There is a noticeable difference in NVH at 3500 rpms and up. I wasn't able to completely test it since I installed my new clutch yesterday too. At cruising speeds you won't notice anything. But, this helped tighten up the drivetrain a lot. Shifting with my MGW is even better now. The NVH doesn't bother me at all. I had a EVO 8 with solid mounts as a DD. But, if you are someone who cries over NVH, just leave your car stock or buy a prius.
I was just trying to give a unbiased opinion based my experience. I don't understand why you have to be aggressive about it and try to put me down. Every person is different and has different opinions. This part just wasn't for me.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I was just trying to give a unbiased opinion based my experience. I don't understand why you have to be aggressive about it and try to put me down. Every person is different and has different opinions. This part just wasn't for me.
I actually wasn't trying to put you down and didn't read your review. But clearly, you are a sensitive. NVH is very subject and to the point that someone can't really discribe it to someone else. I would consider the mount a hardcore part and isn't for everyone. I personally like it but only a go kart would have more NVH compared to my EVO that I had for 80k as a DD. But, this part with motor mounts and differential bushings is awesome for someone that isn't effected by NVH.

Oh, motor mounts is not a 20 min install like some might claim.

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I installed the Boomba trans mount along with BMR engine mounts, BMR billet Diff bushings, and MGW racespec also. Since I did all four I cannot speak to the Boomba mount alone, but like stated above everything feels so much tighter and improved. The only NVH I really notice is from the billet Diff mounts, but even that's not to bad IMHO. I will admit my exhaust is crazy loud and my tolerance for NVH is high, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mount to improve shifting on the MT82 unless you are sensitive to NVH increase (then you prob shouldn't touch stock mounts, bushings, or clutch). no right or wrong, really just personal preference...

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I installed the Boomba trans mount along with BMR engine mounts, BMR billet Diff bushings, and MGW racespec also. Since I did all four I cannot speak to the Boomba mount alone, but like stated above everything feels so much tighter and improved. The only NVH I really notice is from the billet Diff mounts, but even that's not to bad IMHO. I will admit my exhaust is crazy loud and my tolerance for NVH is high, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this mount to improve shifting on the MT82 unless you are sensitive to NVH increase (then you prob shouldn't touch stock mounts, bushings, or clutch). no right or wrong, really just personal preference...
Yeah, I can't wait to see what it feels like shifting at 7800. It is killing me to take it easy on my car while I am breaking the clutch in.

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'm either getting use to mine or it is breaking in really well. It doesn't seem to cause as much NVH as before. The smooth shifts are really nice!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
I'm either getting use to mine or it is breaking in really well. It doesn't seem to cause as much NVH as before. The smooth shifts are really nice!
After about 1k miles the mount will break in nicely and a lot of the NVH will go away. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the mount!

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I installed this in my car a few weeks back:

- 3 or 4 days to break in, then the little NVH added over the whiteline insert went away.
- Paired with poly engine mounts, MGW, stainless clutch line.
- Shifts feel great, no lockouts since install

I highly recommend this if you race or like to drive in a spirited manner.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
I installed this in my car a few weeks back:

- 3 or 4 days to break in, then the little NVH added over the whiteline insert went away.
- Paired with poly engine mounts, MGW, stainless clutch line.
- Shifts feel great, no lockouts since install

I highly recommend this if you race or like to drive in a spirited manner.
Thanks for the positive review!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.