Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
If you like a long service life from your main bearings do not substitute an aluminum pulley for the harmonic balancer.

I agree, I don't see a problem with the changing the weight of the accessory pulleys so much. But IF the crank pulley is a harmonic damper it's not just dead weight it serves a purpose.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I agree, I don't see a problem with the changing the weight of the accessory pulleys so much. But IF the crank pulley is a harmonic damper it's not just dead weight it serves a purpose.
I don't believe that it is on the EBM.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Our pulley design retains the crank position sprocket. We've had our pulleys on our Focus ST for over 20,000 miles with no negative effects.
20k miles is not a 'long service life' and I'm assuming you have not pulled the pan to check the mains anyhow, so how would you really know?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
20k miles is not a 'long service life' and I'm assuming you have not pulled the pan to check the mains anyhow, so how would you really know?
There are also other vehicles running the same pulleys with over 80k of use. Those are on Focus STs though.

We'll discuss the EcoBoost Mustang pulleys when we get to it, no need to speculate about what "can and can't" happen.

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
Boom. Done.

Thanks Boomba for the development of products and for sharing dyno graphs! So, As a person who normally shifts between 3-3.5k, I would be sacrificing a bit of hp and tq, in the rpm range I'd spend a majority of my time in. Darn it, classic case of cant have youre cake and eat it too.

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
I actually like the comparison of the average gains a lot, shows that overall there is a good increase in power, and it looks as if the lower and top ends aren't affected in a negative way at all, so you wouldn't be missing out on anything, only getting the benefits in the mid range. It would be interesting to see this with other mods to see how they react to the change in intake length.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
It would be interesting to see this comparison done by another vendor to see if this is bs or not. If this is accurate then it is a pretty kick ass mod

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
It would be interesting to see this comparison done by another vendor to see if this is bs or not. If this is accurate then it is a pretty kick ass mod
+1

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
We welcome anybody that wants to test it out!

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
While you guys were arguing I noticed that the manifold spacer has adapters for nitrous or meth. That'd be a hell of a lot easier than digging into a plastic manifold for a multi port. Debating on whether this or mishimoto's charge pipe set would be a better idea. Obviously there will be a Sig dif in price... Anyone care to weigh in? I'm new to the concept of meth injection.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
While you guys were arguing I noticed that the manifold spacer has adapters for nitrous or meth. That'd be a hell of a lot easier than digging into a plastic manifold for a multi port. Debating on whether this or mishimoto's charge pipe set would be a better idea. Obviously there will be a Sig dif in price... Anyone care to weigh in? I'm new to the concept of meth injection.
I've been debating this option for days. I really like the option of having the ports on the TB, but usually, it's best to inject the WM about 6" before the TB. That's the only reason I've held off.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
LOL "while we were arguing"

Yes, these come with ports in them for allowing users to utilize aftermarket injection set-ups such as methanol injection. Many users in the ST community have seen positive results from running meth set-ups.

A lot of people like spraying injection set-ups directly through our spacers because you literally have control of which port you are spraying it into and can be sure that it gets distributed evenly. When spraying through charge piping, there is a strong chance the spray can not reach the cylinders in an even manner.

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
Haha I was hoping that someone would be tickled by that statement.

I was considering the manifold spacer for that direct injection. However, a coworker pointed out to me that only one cylinder would be on intake stroke at a time. So as long as you tune it to spray at the right time injecting behind the throttle body should suffice. After all, I don't plan on using WM to jack up boost. I simply want a cleaner motor since we have DI.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Haha I was hoping that someone would be tickled by that statement.

I was considering the manifold spacer for that direct injection. However, a coworker pointed out to me that only one cylinder would be on intake stroke at a time. So as long as you tune it to spray at the right time injecting behind the throttle body should suffice. After all, I don't plan on using WM to jack up boost. I simply want a cleaner motor since we have DI.
You're also forcing an intake manifold designed to only carry dry air to now carry a 'wet' mixture. There will be a different distribution of wm to each cylinder the way you're proposing based on physics alone. Enough to worry about? That's your call...

Status
Not open for further replies.