Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corfly02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue GT 6spd
You're also forcing an intake manifold designed to only carry dry air to now carry a 'wet' mixture. There will be a different distribution of wm to each cylinder the way you're proposing based on physics alone. Enough to worry about? That's your call...
So what would you propose?

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I like the idea of the intake spacer and the TB spacer for the ability to add port injected or TB injected water/meth kits into. All tho the spacers don't look overly thick, how much do I have to worry about parts fitment with one of these spacers? For example hard charge pipe.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
I like the idea of the intake spacer and the TB spacer for the ability to add port injected or TB injected water/meth kits into. All tho the spacers don't look overly thick, how much do I have to worry about parts fitment with one of these spacers? For example hard charge pipe.
The spacer is approximately 0.7" thick; most aftermarket charge pipes have enough slack to be able to accommodate these with no issue.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Boomba, why don't you guys make an small adapter that would go between the MAP sensor and intake manifold that has ports for two vacuum/boost sources?

That'd be small and cheap enough that there'd probably be a decent market for it. Plus, I'd be nice to not have to cut the factory lines, etc., and it could be easily installed and removed.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Boomba, why don't you guys make an small adapter that would go between the MAP sensor and intake manifold that has ports for two vacuum/boost sources?

That'd be small and cheap enough that there'd probably be a decent market for it. Plus, I'd be nice to not have to cut the factory lines, etc., and it could be easily installed and removed.
What would be the intended use of a port like this? Running aux gauges or tapping into it for catch cans & etc?

Just trying to clarify here.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
What would be the intended use of a port like this? Running aux gauges or tapping into it for catch cans & etc?

Just trying to clarify here.
Running aux gauges, vacuum/boost reference for aftermarket BOVs, etc.

I thought something like a little block that fit between the MAP sensor and intake with a couple of ports would be easy to design and manufacture and a relatively inexpensive and easy way for people to have a vacuum source. It'd be super easy to install and remove without leaving cut lines to mend or similar.

If something like this was on the market, I'd already have purchased it on Day One. :headbang:

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Turbosmart makes that adapter for their BOV install. Boomba if you were to make that we would use them as well. We could make them here, but not enough time. Would definitely be beneficial for different reasons. Would be excellent for boost reference on meth kits, to combine with your intake manifold spacer;).

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Running aux gauges, vacuum/boost reference for aftermarket BOVs, etc.

I thought something like a little block that fit between the MAP sensor and intake with a couple of ports would be easy to design and manufacture and a relatively inexpensive and easy way for people to have a vacuum source. It'd be super easy to install and remove without leaving cut lines to mend or similar.

If something like this was on the market, I'd already have purchased it on Day One. :headbang:
Turbosmart makes that adapter for their BOV install. Boomba if you were to make that we would use them as well. We could make them here, but not enough time. Would definitely be beneficial for different reasons. Would be excellent for boost reference on meth kits, to combine with your intake manifold spacer;).

We'll pass the word along to our engineers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.