Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The SP763 would work well for you, however I would just go with the SP080s on the EBM. The SP080 and the EcoBoost cars are like peas and carrots. :cheers:

As for your drop amount comment/inquiry. The first few lines of the original post has the link to the product. Found there is our rated drop amounts of 7/8" front and 1/2" rear.

Lastly, due to me suggesting the SP080s - please be aware that in a few days we are going to have a pretty nice "sale" on our SP080 Spring Kits. :headbang:
What about a sale on the SP763? :D
Sponsored

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, just not low enough.

SP763 on EB premium with MMR 19x10 & 285/35 Indy500’s
Good looking set up man. Just not really low enough for me. I'm at like 3 fingers front a little less than 3 in back. I'd like to be down to a 1 finger gap:D
Which means I need an inch or more drop f&r for it to sit like I want it to.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
[MENTION=26415]solodogg[/MENTION]

looks AWESOME. Right on. I like the MMR versions better than the SVEs. Something about the S350s doesn't look quite right.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Good looking set up man. Just not really low enough for me. I'm at like 3 fingers front a little less than 3 in back. I'd like to be down to a 1 finger gap:D
Which means I need an inch or more drop f&r for it to sit like I want it to.
IMO if you’re selecting based on appearance, your best bet would be Steeda progresssives. BMR is the best balance of handling and ride quality, but appearance comes second to functionality. My car actually rides better on SP763’s than it did on stock springs, but it’s definitely not the lowest ride out there. With this setup, it has very slightly more rake than stock, but isn’t a slammed appearance that usually results in a bouncy ride.

[MENTION=26415]solodogg[/MENTION]

looks AWESOME. Right on. I like the MMR versions better than the SVEs. Something about the S350s doesn't look quite right.
Agreed 100%, I couldn’t pinpoint what I didn’t like either but the extra money was worth it for the MMR wheels. I do wish stock sized lugs would fit though.

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
I'm really considering changing to this setup. I purchased the SP080 set from an individual that decided to go a different route. I thought I was going to be okay with the drop on the front, but after several threads and pics, I think the SP763 stance is more appealing to me. :thumbsup: :coolphotos:

I'm going to grab the SP089's and some BMR jacking rails ASAP and proceed with caution. :D
Thoughts on pairing up with a set of Koni's?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm really considering changing to this setup. I purchased the SP080 set from an individual that decided to go a different route. I thought I was going to be okay with the drop on the front, but after several threads and pics, I think the SP763 stance is more appealing to me. :thumbsup: :coolphotos:

I'm going to grab the SP089's and some BMR jacking rails ASAP and proceed with caution. :D
Thoughts on pairing up with a set of Koni's?
I'd rather see you get Ford Performance track dampers instead. The Konis are too much shock for those springs. I ran the Konis with SP080s (same spring rates) and they didn't work for me personally. The Konis handle fantastic but are a bit crashy and harsh. The FP dampers soak up the bumps better and keep the tires glues to the road better.

Sponsored

Recks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
I hate to ask this out loud, but is there a forum discount for BMR parts? Getting ready to order the SP763 set, but figured I would ask since I saw rumors of such a thing in other threads.

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
I'd rather see you get Ford Performance track dampers instead. The Konis are too much shock for those springs. I ran the Konis with SP080s (same spring rates) and they didn't work for me personally. The Konis handle fantastic but are a bit crashy and harsh. The FP dampers soak up the bumps better and keep the tires glues to the road better.
That really sucks. :frusty: I have the Koni yellows also. So, a new set of SP080's and a new set of Koni yellows sitting in my garage. I've got $900 in miss matched suspension here. What's my best move? SP083's ?

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I guess I shoulda been here a long time ago. :headbonk:

Recks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
Just ordered the SP763's. So pumped

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
That really sucks. :frusty: I have the Koni yellows also. So, a new set of SP080's and a new set of Koni yellows sitting in my garage. I've got $900 in miss matched suspension here. What's my best move? SP083's ?

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I guess I shoulda been here a long time ago. :headbonk:
My opinion? The Konis will work. If you adjust them at or near full soft it’ll be okay. Full soft on front and 1/4 turn rear will be pretty good. For the SP083s the Konis should be right at home as that is what they were designed for. The Ford Racing dampers should provide a better ride quality IMO. The Konis will work with the SP080s but they’re a bit too much damping for those rates. SP083s will be right at home with them.

Personally, I like the Ford Racing dampers better. They’re monotube and will be more consistent at handling low and high speed operation.

If it were me and I were in your situation, I’d get SP083s. Better handling and they’ll be better matched for the Konis. Minimal drop, doesn’t jack the suspension geometry. And having adjustable shocks is a good thing to have.

Give Kelly Aiken at BMR suspension a call [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] as he has experience with all the combinations. He is also a wealth of information.

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
My opinion? The Konis will work. If you adjust them at or near full soft it’ll be okay. Full soft on front and 1/4 turn rear will be pretty good. For the SP083s the Konis should be right at home as that is what they were designed for. The Ford Racing dampers should provide a better ride quality IMO. The Konis will work with the SP080s but they’re a bit too much damping for those rates. SP083s will be right at home with them.

Personally, I like the Ford Racing dampers better. They’re monotube and will be more consistent at handling low and high speed operation.

If it were me and I were in your situation, I’d get SP083s. Better handling and they’ll be better matched for the Konis. Minimal drop, doesn’t jack the suspension geometry. And having adjustable shocks is a good thing to have.

Give Kelly Aiken at BMR suspension a call [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] as he has experience with all the combinations. He is also a wealth of information.
Thanks again! As you can see I'm a noob. I would rather get this thing as close to perfect as I can. I've put this suspension off for quite sometime now and I think its time to finish it. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.