Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion? The Konis will work. If you adjust them at or near full soft it’ll be okay. Full soft on front and 1/4 turn rear will be pretty good. For the SP083s the Konis should be right at home as that is what they were designed for. The Ford Racing dampers should provide a better ride quality IMO. The Konis will work with the SP080s but they’re a bit too much damping for those rates. SP083s will be right at home with them.

Personally, I like the Ford Racing dampers better. They’re monotube and will be more consistent at handling low and high speed operation.

If it were me and I were in your situation, I’d get SP083s. Better handling and they’ll be better matched for the Konis. Minimal drop, doesn’t jack the suspension geometry. And having adjustable shocks is a good thing to have.

Give Kelly Aiken at BMR suspension a call [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] as he has experience with all the combinations. He is also a wealth of information.
I'd agree. The Koni + SP083 is a great combo. The car handles like it's on rails.
Sponsored

Lil Blu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350
I'd agree. The Koni + SP083 is a great combo. The car handles like it's on rails.
First I would like to say that I appreciate you guys and your recommendations. :cheers: Bluemustang and BmacIL

I spoke with Kelly whom also said I should go with the SP083 set. Thanks BMR Tech

I will be putting an order together this weekend. :)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
First I would like to say that I appreciate you guys and your recommendations. :cheers: Bluemustang and BmacIL

I spoke with Kelly whom also said I should go with the SP083 set. Thanks BMR Tech

I will be putting an order together this weekend. :)
You’re going to enjoy those A LOT :cheers:

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
advice needed, i am torn between steeda minimum drop springs and BMR SP763 springs
for my 2017 PP GT please advice

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
advice needed, i am torn between steeda minimum drop springs and BMR SP763 springs
for my 2017 PP GT please advice
The SP763 rates are the best match for a DD with the PP shocks and struts. The ride is just as good as stock but with improved handling from the lower cg, reduced brake dive and acceleration squat via the slight rake. Tons of extremely happy members on here with this combination. It's very impressive.

Sponsored

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. I'm 52 and new to mustang world and just love the S550
Besides the springs any other upgrades needed?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. I'm 52 and new to mustang world and just love the S550
Besides the springs any other upgrades needed?
I'd highly recommend the CB005 cradle lockout kit. It drastically improves the control of the rear subframe and makes the car feel a lot more predictable and easy to drive spiritedly. The front and rear don't feel like they're doing separate things anymore. It also greatly reduces wheel hop. Best part is: very little change in NVH. I did not notice any changes in ride; the only thing is sharp bumps are more audible. Other than that, all positives. The other thing to get is Steeda's billet rear shock mounts. The design allows free articulation of the shock about the upper mounting point and reduces higher frequency bounce as well as making the ride overall more supple.

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey bmac you know your stuff, I will look into these items
I m greatful for the advice which I will follow. Reading these forums can get confusing regarding the suspension. Thanks again.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bmac you know your stuff, I will look into these items
I m greatful for the advice which I will follow. Reading these forums can get confusing regarding the suspension. Thanks again.
Happy to help! Feel free to message me anytime if you need help.:)

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I’ll be installing these springs within a couple week paired with pp shocks & struts. Is bumpsteer an issue with the minimum drop and will I need adjustable sway bar links. I am currently running GT350 front & rear sways

Sponsored

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
SP763 on EB premium with MMR 19x10 & 285/35 Indy500’s
Is this typically the stance of a GT with 19" wheels? I know the EB is lighter than a GT.

It looks like the the gap between rear and front tires is perfectly symmetrical which is what I'm trying to go for. Trying to decide between going .5 inch lower in front vs 7/8 you get with BMR.

I'm not big on the top of the tire being tucked up under the fender.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is this typically the stance of a GT with 19" wheels? I know the EB is lighter than a GT.

It looks like the the gap between rear and front tires is perfectly symmetrical which is what I'm trying to go for. Trying to decide between going .5 inch lower in front vs 7/8 you get with BMR.

I'm not big on the top of the tire being tucked up under the fender.
I've seen several a car with SP763 and same diameter tire front and rear. It looks perfect. Same gap F/R.

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I installed the Steeda minimal drop springs this weekend on my 2017 PP GT. The car lowered .5 inch as advertised on all 4 corners, which looks perfect IMO, there was no difference in the ride quality, car suspension is a bit stiffer but not harsh at all, I kept the PP shocks and struts and trimmed all 4 bump stops 1 inch as recommended on the Steeda instructions provided with the springs. The steering did feel a bit tighter for sure. Great job Steeda

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It’s definitely lower in the front on my car, but it has the extra weight of the V8 and a Whipple. I like the slight rake, personally.

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up with -1.5 and -1.8 camber in the front after my alignment. I may need to get some camber bolts or plates for the front since they couldn't get the front back to -1.5 on one side. Everything else was fine though. The difference is negligible, but you can see the difference if you really look hard.
How did you do your Steeda bump stops? both pieces or just the base? I'm installing the same setup next weekend.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.