Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Yes
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
thanks, did not know that! decisions,decisions!
I have had both the Steeda IRS braces and the BMR CB005 on my mustang and although the Steeda worked well, the CB005 blew it out of the water. There is a very tiny bit of NVH that the Steeda offering doesnt have but the CB005 is the best option IMHO from a performance standpoint.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I have had both the Steeda IRS braces and the BMR CB005 on my mustang and although the Steeda worked well, the CB005 blew it out of the water. There is a very tiny bit of NVH that the Steeda offering doesnt have but the CB005 is the best option IMHO from a performance standpoint.
:headbang:

Nice to hear! We have people swap over to BMR from other components on a daily basis and report similar.

Thanks for the support!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Imo there is no need to mix the Steeda braces with the CB005. The CB005 accomplishes the job by itself and doesn't need outside help! Controls the cradle movement in any direction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Can't say I disagree brother!

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
I am looking to tackle this soon and have it at home.

Do I have to drop all of the bolts, or can I tackle it a side at a time more like how the steeda bushings are installed like in the CJPP video. I'd like to avoid having to get an alignment and seems like if everything is lined up right now and I went at it like the CJPP video, wouldn't everything still line up right?

Video in question: [ame]

Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to tackle this soon and have it at home.

Do I have to drop all of the bolts, or can I tackle it a side at a time more like how the steeda bushings are installed like in the CJPP video. I'd like to avoid having to get an alignment and seems like if everything is lined up right now and I went at it like the CJPP video, wouldn't everything still line up right?

Video in question:

Thanks
You can do it a side at a time (left, right). That's how I did it. Whether or not you need an alignment after depends on whether or not your subframe was close to centered. If your subframe isn't well-centered, it'll be tough to install a side at a time, though.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Once again, @BmacIL nailed it.

This guy is good.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
You can do it a side at a time (left, right). That's how I did it. Whether or not you need an alignment after depends on whether or not your subframe was close to centered. If your subframe isn't well-centered, it'll be tough to install a side at a time, though.
Thanks.

I'll probably try to install, and see if my salesman can get my alignment checked for cheap or free. After-all when I bought the mustang, we also bought the wife a car at the same time. I feel like he can help.

Any other suggestions on where to get an alignment checked should that not work at the dealer?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I'll probably try to install, and see if my salesman can get my alignment checked for cheap or free. After-all when I bought the mustang, we also bought the wife a car at the same time. I feel like he can help.

Any other suggestions on where to get an alignment checked should that not work at the dealer?
Find a local performance shop that has a Hunter system. There's gotta be a few near GR. Not only will they do a good job, you will be able to give them the specs you want and they'll hit it. A lot of dealers or general shops will just hit the "green" for the specs and call it good. A performance shop will take extra care to make sure left and right are the same, or as close as allowable.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Ive not found any shops in the area..

I checked the hunter site and my ford dealer has a hunter straight trak according to their site. Zip 49401.

Is that good enough?

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ive not found any shops in the area..

I checked the hunter site and my ford dealer has a hunter straight trak according to their site. Zip 49401.

Is that good enough?
I would make damn sure to talk to the alignment guy before hand and make sure he knows you want EXACT specs, not just an alignment with numbers in the green. Most of the time the guys at the dealership that perform alignments don't want to spend the time to make sure it's done perfect because they feel like they aren't paid enough. A good alignment person is very hard to find at a dealership or auto repair shop.

IMO, I would keep searching.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with Bluestang on this, I did the J&M subframe bushings w/ BMR cradle lock-out and won't need the Steeda bushings but I am using some Steeda parts on my 4th build Coyote Red. I like their rear wing a lot!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.