Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Pretty much followed the instructions. Others have had a hard time getting things to line up...I was lucky.
Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Ok, so I am about to install a lockout kit and I already have the Steeda alignment bushings installed. My car was aligned with the Steeda bushings, so I have a few questions...

Can I use the existing Steeda bushings by simply cutting them down to the correct length necessary? I noticed Steeda makes bushings for the lockout kit, but I don't wanna repurchase if I can just cut down the ones I have

The other question I have is, would the Steeda bushings even be necessary? I'd keep the other two in place, but not use the two associated with the lockout "arms". Would this cause any issues? Would I notice a difference?

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated!

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Ok, so I am about to install a lockout kit and I already have the Steeda alignment bushings installed. My car was aligned with the Steeda bushings, so I have a few questions...

Can I use the existing Steeda bushings by simply cutting them down to the correct length necessary? I noticed Steeda makes bushings for the lockout kit, but I don't wanna repurchase if I can just cut down the ones I have

The other question I have is, would the Steeda bushings even be necessary? I'd keep the other two in place, but not use the two associated with the lockout "arms". Would this cause any issues? Would I notice a difference?

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated!

If I recall, Kelly at BMR doesn't think the alignment kit is absolutely necessary with the CB005. I have both ready for install so I'm going with both.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
If I recall, Kelly at BMR doesn't think the alignment kit is absolutely necessary with the CB005. I have both ready for install so I'm going with both.
My main concern is my alignment was done with the bushings installed and don't want any issues to pop up. I know there shouldn't be, just overly cautious.

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
I just installed this kit and definitely feels more stable/sharp on the road. Helped with some wheel hop but didn't cure it. I guess next mod will be vertical links.

Sponsored

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I am having a bitch of a time lining this cradle up... ugghhh

Exactly where are you guys jacking the cradle from? The middle behind the differential?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Although the instructions state to use a jack, I have installed and removed this CB005 Kit probably over 20 times now.

I have never once used a jack. I do the rears first, then the fronts...and simply use a pry bar or extension to shift the cradle around if needed to get the front bolts threaded.

It is very simple, feel free to call me if you are still having issues sir.

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So can the whole kit be installed without jacking up the car or no need to remove the rear wheels? Is there enough space to work in there with the car on the ground? Thanks.

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Oh ok... thanks Kelly. I was just trying to follow the instructions and made a mess of things. I'll try using an extension to line it up since I don't have a pry bar on hand. So... get fronts in first and tighten, and the rears should just line up.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Although the instructions state to use a jack, I have installed and removed this CB005 Kit probably over 20 times now.

I have never once used a jack. I do the rears first, then the fronts...and simply use a pry bar or extension to shift the cradle around if needed to get the front bolts threaded.

It is very simple, feel free to call me if you are still having issues sir.
I'm assuming you do them on a lift with the car flat & level?

I ask because most may be doing them with just the rear end on stands which means the car is tilted ... may have an effect on how the cradle lines up??

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Well damn... so I've got every other bolt in and torqued in except for this last main cradle bolt. It's the passenger side rear most bolt. It's even making my torque wrench stop at the indicated torque level... Am I kind of screwed here or do I just need to keep going at it? Would using an impact driver help drive it through?

Thanks for all the help guys.
Problem bolt.jpg

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming you do them on a lift with the car flat & level?

I ask because most may be doing them with just the rear end on stands which means the car is tilted ... may have an effect on how the cradle lines up??
lol - actually. Most of the time I back the car up on ramps and crawl under the car and get it done.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Actually, here is the first initial install of the CB005 on my daily beater car. Did it in about 45 mins.
CB005 Install.jpg

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Thanks for the help Kelly!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.