blocks for s550 and gen 3 5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
yall know of any aftermarket blocks for the 18-21 gt ?
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
And even then, a sleeved stock block will handle well past 800hp.

OP, the bear block might be something to look at, or the FRPP block with upgraded material is a good choice.
That's what I figured. And let's say you go passed that, you'll still need to swap out a dozen other parts. The more power you add the more you have to upgrade other parts that aren't even related to the motor. My buddy has a 2014? I think? With a blower and he said it was like driving on ice skates even with the best tires on the market.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
thinking bout it. i think it would be cool to try and get 800hp naturally aspirated
You're in the wrong car for that unfortunately.

Dare I say you should be looking at an LS swap if you want that kinda power N/A. Not saying a mod motor can't do it, but it would pretty much take custom everything and it would be a lot cheaper with an LS based engine.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You're in the wrong car for that unfortunately.

Dare I say you should be looking at an LS swap if you want that kinda power N/A. Not saying a mod motor can't do it, but it would pretty much take custom everything and it would be a lot cheaper with an LS based engine.
Imo these cars are way too new to be dicking with engine swaps, even though I agree with you. Would be a complete waste of money and a huge pain in the ass to get everything working. LS swaps are for clapped foxbodies that you got for $3k lol

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Imo these cars are way too new to be dicking with engine swaps, even though I agree with you. Would be a complete waste of money and a huge pain in the ass to get everything working. LS swaps are for clapped foxbodies that you got for $3k lol
I mean, there IS a guy that sells a complete LS swap kit for the S550. Not personally a fan though

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
5.2 blocks work and will hold up to much more with no sleves. Agree that NA will be expensive and hard to do though.

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I fully agree, but the OP seems to want 700+ rwhp naturally aspirated, which is going to be a monumental feat to achieve in a mod motor and a lot easier with a 454 LSX block.
AND, your not gonna want to daily that anyways lol. Your gonna have to run E85 or flex and get maybe 100 miles a tank? Spend 30-40k on a brand new car and already considering engine swap? The amount of money your gonna throw into that when you could have bought a shelby or a shitbox and just build it up from there. Hell even get a wrecked s550 and rebuild that and it would still be cheaper if OP wanted to do an engine swap.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
thinking bout it. i think it would be cool to try and get 800hp naturally aspirated
thats going to be practically impossible to do. Keep in mind that nascar uses a 358ci displacement engine pushing over 9k rpm making upwards of 750-900hp, and thats considered peak power efficiency for that displacement size. Expecting similar power output from an engine that’s almost 1 liter less displacement is not realistic without power adders

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
All this coming from a 17 year old high school kid that can't even figure out how to talk to girls but somehow has a brand new 40k GT and wants to drop another 40k in the car. Something seems fishy here...

so im from ohio and live in ohio im 17 junior in high school

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0