HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
10-4 and with that you'll get (whether you like it or not) rain-sensing wipers, auto high beams, ACC, automatic braking.
The latter two add the most to the cost of the package. But even if you don't think you need either, the ACC is great every day. Especially if you drive in traffic (duh), even on city streets. I thought Ford's ridiculous decision to not reengage cruise after shifting a manual (like Cadillac and others do) coupled with the awkward resume button ergonomics would make it as much of an annoyance as an aid for a manual but the power-band is wide enough, to minimize the need to shift.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You use cruise control in city traffic?
Absolutely. Even in cars without ACC, if the cruise controls are ergonomically right AND cruise is able to use brakes to lower speed (not all can/will). I often don't touch the throttle or brakes in traffic other than to get up to minimum cruise control speed (20-25 MPH) and stopping. I just use the cruise to speed up and slow down. When traffic speed drops suddenly, my ATS will very aggressively use the brakes (like throw passengers from the seat if they didn't have belts) or throttle if you request a big change in cruise speed. You can control the amount of braking, for example, by how much slower you request compared to how much slower you want, then adjust back up. Again the car has to be ergonomically designed. The ATS lets you adjust speed up or down without moving your hands on the wheel and also allows up and down in various increments depending on how hard you nudge the control with your thumb, so 4 hard taps is a 20 MPH change while soft taps are 1 mph each.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it?

--> Yes

Does it make it easier to back out?

--> Yes from a parking lot with cross traffic

Has it saved you from an accident?

--> Probably not but who knows

Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again?

--> Hell yeah!
+1

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
I like it mostly for lane changes.

Saved me from an accident...maybe. Without it, I would have spent a lot more time looking at mirrors and over my shoulder and therefore may not have noticed traffic stopping in front of me.

Sometimes it is a pain in the butt though when backing in to a spot or parallel parking....starts complaining pretty quickly and in my head I'm thinking "I'm KNOW...I'm LOOKING RIGHT AT IT!"

Would I buy it again...absolutely...it has become too much of a crutch. And I'll keep saying that until the day it fails and I (hopefully) almost change lanes into someone.

Good thing about it is that it doesn't get blinded by the sun or rain so even if you can't see it in the camera, it will sound off.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The PP, 401a, Nav, and reverse assist added less a month to my payment than eating lunch out during work days. It was like $84 and totally worth it.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
For 18s the backup sensors are standard on all GT's. Not sure about Ecoboost though.

The BLIS, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise, etc. are all in the Safe and Smart package. It's a 1500 dollar option and I think it's worth it. Not sure where 401A comes into the picture for getting these features on 2018 models
Sponsored