Sponsored

BLAZE489's GT350 LIFE

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It says Z28. That's a Camaro. Not corvette or GT350

Next - line - '15 Z06 Corvette. Very interesting cars you had there OP on relatively small event - and if this is was your first event and you were learning stick not long ago - absolutely excellent job.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Next - line - '15 Z06 Corvette. Very interesting cars you had there OP on relatively small event - and if this is was your first event and you were learning stick not long ago - absolutely excellent job.
I see the vet. But it's also a z28.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Need to work those brakes harder. 1.2g is doable.

Looked like a great time, keep trackin.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
GT350 gets Loud! , not really just more snap, crackle, and pops. Took out the resonators finally for 2.5'' stainless steel strait pipe, been wanting to do this since the start, but the shop I wanted to go to that everyone recommended is only open 8-5 Monday-Friday. That is when I work so I needed to wait for a slow day at work, it took about 2 hours. The welds are supper clean, the guy put a protective coating over them, and the heat shields are tack welded back on top. I also upgraded the X pipe to a 2.5'' and less restrictive middle cross. For some reason that is the only section that drops to 2.25,'' it is probably because the resonators shrink a little. I looked online and you can see the 350R have a slightly bigger X than us. Normal mode is the same, but 99% of the time I am in sport so it doesn't matter. Only time in normal is when I am backing out of my driveway or there is a cop next to me on the road. Cold start has a much louder bark, my co-works now know exactly when I leave, my neighbors have not said anything yet about it. They are probably use to my mustang so It is probably the same to them, but backing out in normal is more quiet then the mustang so there is that. Sport is slightly louder, if you shift before 3k then it feels the same. When you go further thats when it gets loud. When you WOT, then comes all the snap, crackles, and pops :) . Going under a bridge or when there are barrier walls on the side of you, people know you are coming. Comparison Videos I will post tomorrow.
IMG_3559.JPG
IMG_3560.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG
IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3562.JPG

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I looked online and you can see the 350R have a slightly bigger X than us.
I've never seen mention of this before - anywhere.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've never seen mention of this before - anywhere.
Same here. I seen the R exhaust in person and they are the same minus the resonator

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Videos are here, filmed with Iphone view and GoPro View, I need to do some drive byes next. Hope everyone Enjoys this, I recommend this.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice , I like the idea of upgrading the size of that pipe. How much did the swap run you ?
$130 for the delete and Strait Pipe, Little more than everyone else but everyone in town goes to this shop. The welds are perfect.

$100 for the X Section

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
$130 for the delete and Strait Pipe, Little more than everyone else but everyone in town goes to this shop. The welds are perfect.

$100 for the X Section
I thought the stock exhaust piping measured 2.75"?? From your pics u can tell the 2.5" straight pipe is slightly thinner than the factory piping.

I've been wanting to do this but haven't found a true 2.75" X pipe.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I told the shop to add strait pipe, I am assuming they used the same size as the rest, why would they use smaller pipe? They brought up about doing the bigger X for my benefit and probably to make more money, but mainly to make the system all the same size. They never asked About 2.5 or 2.75, they used what matched. If they used 2.5 instead of 2.75 that would make no sense, since they brought up the bigger X.

[MENTION=21671]zombiekiller[/MENTION] since you are working on your car exhaust first hand, what are the true dimensions.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
I told the shop to add strait pipe, I am assuming they used the same size as the rest, why would they use smaller pipe? They brought up about doing the bigger X for my benefit and probably to make more money, but mainly to make the system all the same size. They never asked About 2.5 or 2.75, they used what matched. If they used 2.5 instead of 2.75 that would make no sense, since they brought up the bigger X.

@zombiekiller since you are working on your car exhaust first hand, what are the true dimensions.
The stock GT350s pipes are 2.75".

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

[MENTION=21671]zombiekiller[/MENTION] since you are working on your car exhaust first hand, what are the true dimensions.
Yea that's why I'm asking bc it doesn't make sense. Most shops don't carry 2.75" piping which is most probably the reason why they didn't use it or the installer didn't bother measuring and just assumed it was 2.5 like the GT.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that's why I'm asking bc it doesn't make sense. Most shops don't carry 2.75" piping which is most probably the reason why they didn't use it or the installer didn't bother measuring and just assumed it was 2.5 like the GT.
I dont think Im going to go crazy over .25'' that is super small, I think I'll live :headbonk:
Sponsored