Sponsored

BLAZE489's GT350 LIFE

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah. Definitely a PITA. I can tell you, though, that the YaV1 app is amazing. If there are certain fixed points that always cause false alarms you can program it to ignore them or to show a visual but not audible alert. Alternatively after passing by the same spot repeatedly the program will actually learn that it isn't traffic radar and automatically ignore it. There are several schools near me that have radar speed warning signs that I have programmed out. You can also set it to ignore all signals below a certain speed, say 25 mph. This way when your crawling around a parking lot the detector won't be set off by business door openrs and stuff.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Custom Licence Plate Bracket :thumbsup:

Thanks to [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] for the great recommendation
I just ordered this. The owner, Sebastian, said he has been getting quite a few calls about it and wanted to know which website I saw it on. I sent him the link.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I just ordered this. The owner, Sebastian, said he has been getting quite a few calls about it and wanted to know which website I saw it on. I sent him the link.
Well damn, I sent them an e-mail about that same frame and they never even replied. I'd love to have one made as well, guess I'll just have to give them a call.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well damn, I sent them an e-mail about that same frame and they never even replied. I'd love to have one made as well, guess I'll just have to give them a call.
I knew when I thought of making it like this and then posting it, everyone would love it and make it exactly the same :cheers:

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I knew when I thought of making it like this and then posting it, everyone would love it and make it exactly the same :cheers:
You definitely read my mind when you had it made, it's exactly what I've had in mind and what I've been looking for. Promise I'm not trying to be a copycat lol, we are many miles apart so no danger in us being side by side and somebody noticing. :cheers:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Anyone know how accurate our tire pressure gauge in our track apps is? Also is the gauge in our trunk accurate? Should I just buy another, which kind?
Never trust the tire display for accurate tire pressure. I like longacre products, they have a nice tire gauge. As far as a compressor you have many options and just comes down to home much you want to spend. You can use a portable air tank that you have to fill before you leave your house or fill it at a gas station, which takes a lot of space. Or you can use the stock one which is slow but does the job or you can buy a 12 volt one or a gas or 120 volt one. A gas or 120 volt one will allow for more use at home or the track.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anyone know how accurate our tire pressure gauge in our track apps is?
I've checked the tire pressure with a good digital tire pressure gauge and compared it to the on-dash tire monitoring system. Both agreed, but of course you only have 1 psi resolution on the dash read-out.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Anyone know how accurate our tire pressure gauge in our track apps is? Also is the gauge in our trunk accurate? Should I just buy another, which kind?
My in-car readout matches my tire pressure gauge very closely.

Keep in mind that if you want to adjust pressures easily, you'll want to get a gauge with a bleed valve, or at least one you can read easy while at the valve stem. Otherwise you'll mess with pressures, then need to drive a bit to get the dash gauges to register, then repeat.

I think it is worth while to spend a little bit on a nice gauge (analog or digital), that allows for easy pressure adjustments.

Regarding the AutoX video, I think the biggest area of improvement will come from looking further ahead on the course. There were a couple spots where it seemed like you would either slow excessively (the slalom at the beginning for example, before the long right-hand sweeper, and then exiting the sweeper wide into the gate), or you would miss the gate (there was one near the end where you needed to make a rapid adjustment to the left on a few of the runs).

Obviously memorizing the course will help, but I think looking a bit further ahead would really help smooth out those areas and allow you to better plan your line and minimize your overall inputs.

Thank you for the videos! It's been a while since I had my car on track, so I love watching other's videos in order to get my track fix.

-T

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My in-car readout matches my tire pressure gauge very closely.

Keep in mind that if you want to adjust pressures easily, you'll want to get a gauge with a bleed valve, or at least one you can read easy while at the valve stem. Otherwise you'll mess with pressures, then need to drive a bit to get the dash gauges to register, then repeat.

I think it is worth while to spend a little bit on a nice gauge (analog or digital), that allows for easy pressure adjustments.

Regarding the AutoX video, I think the biggest area of improvement will come from looking further ahead on the course. There were a couple spots where it seemed like you would either slow excessively (the slalom at the beginning for example, before the long right-hand sweeper, and then exiting the sweeper wide into the gate), or you would miss the gate (there was one near the end where you needed to make a rapid adjustment to the left on a few of the runs).

Obviously memorizing the course will help, but I think looking a bit further ahead would really help smooth out those areas and allow you to better plan your line and minimize your overall inputs.

Thank you for the videos! It's been a while since I had my car on track, so I love watching other's videos in order to get my track fix.

-T
Yea I need to brake later and harder, and more gas. I am just not super use to the car yet. That gate at the end I do not know why I would loose it, probably because its more further out then the rest of them, I didnt miss any gates though. AJ was saying every time I did a slight mess up, I would psych myself out and drive slower. Overall I was just nervous and went easier, next event I will push harder :headbang:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here are all the time sheets from Autocross
Wtf. For crying out loud. Why the fk would someone with a name like Ford Ramey #30 be driving a Z28. He needs to be lynched!

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wtf. For crying out loud. Why the fk would someone with a name like Ford Ramey #30 be driving a Z28. He needs to be lynched!
They were a father and son, the dad drove the corvette and the son drove the red gt350, they must of changed the cars at the last second.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
They were a father and son, the dad drove the corvette and the son drove the red gt350, they must of changed the cars at the last second.
It says Z28. That's a Camaro. Not corvette or GT350
Sponsored