Sponsored

Black underbody spray removal.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Hi,
Has anyone found a chemical that will remove the black crap they spray everywhere under our cars in Zeebrugge yet? I soaked a rear caliper part in brake fluid, that worked, but it doesn't work too well applying it with a rag and rubbing.

Please oh please someone come to my rescue. they went to town on my car.. it is everywhere!!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try a heat gun to soften the undercoating spray and a plastic putty knife to scrape, followed by brake and parts cleaner for the final cleanup.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try a heat gun to soften the undercoating spray and a plastic putty knife to scrape, followed by brake and parts cleaner for the final cleanup.
Thanks for your reply Ade. It's not like normal bitumen based underseal, I wish it was, I'd soak it in petrol to dissolve it. This stuff is like black paint, only thicker. It's as hard as nails which is probably a good thing, but if you want your car looking as good underneath as she does on top.... well.. plus they got it all over the insides of my wheels.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
since they only sprayed it on the exhaust on mine i just took the exhaust off job done

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since they only sprayed it on the exhaust on mine i just took the exhaust off job done
I did that too.. all my rear suspension and diff are plastered, the front a arms are a mess, all 4 brake callipers were thick with it and the inner wheel rims are coated also.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue ...

It was mostly around the back on mine :

E8-C5-D498-1457-490-B-96-D3-3-B74-D9-A212-DC.jpg

And far worse on the passenger side :

B2-BF726-D-D4-FB-49-AC-AB63-E645070-E064-E.jpg

It was even on top of the door handles and in the little ridges on them - pretty much anything that was low down near the back of the car or anything that faced upwards. Bonnet, roof and boot were fine so I guess the spraying takes place after the white wrap.

Clay mitt worked on the large paint areas, traditional clay around the intricate bits.

Thinners works on it, but be careful what the base material is and if it plays well with thinners. I used thinners on the tail trims with a 3M pad.

My front wheels got away lightly but the back ones are bad - a job I am not looking forward too after I've finished making and installing the jacking rails.

Also have a look here : https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/black-poop-aka-mustang-underseal.134605/

WD :like:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Funnily enough my Focus RS had that all over it, yet wasn't sprayed underneath??

What type of thinners did you use? Is that seat bracket still good?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thinners was just standard stuff from the local car paint supplier, the tin is marked as 'BC Thinner Standard' (made by 'mipa') :like:

Seat bracket is doing just fine thanks :like: :sunglasses:

For anyone interested, Nigel helped me with the round 'pin'. The only silver thing in this photo that isn't titanium is the small flat plate directly under the seat with two nuts sat on top of it :

F3822-CD3-A4-E1-4-E36-9074-DBC82-CC4-B07-C.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Thinners was just standard stuff from the local car paint supplier, the tin is marked as 'BC Thinner Standard' (made by 'mipa') :like:

Seat bracket is doing just fine thanks :like: :sunglasses:

For anyone interested, Nigel helped me with the round 'pin'. The only silver thing in this photo that isn't titanium is the small flat plate directly under the seat with two nuts sat on top of it :

F3822-CD3-A4-E1-4-E36-9074-DBC82-CC4-B07-C.jpg

heh heh, two nuts on the seat eh?

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’ll be five whilst being ridden then lol.
Sponsored