Best replacement battery

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
On your battery it appears the top post are removable. If the cables were bolted to the battery without the post, then???
Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
I found the premium level Inerstate has always been a good replacement, but the box does limit you.
So thinking outside the box ,... do you even need a box?. Remove it, trim off the sides.
You do need to retain the hold-down, or replace with a universal hold-down kit. Safety check requires battery is secure. lots of room for any size battrey once box sides are gone.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I found the premium level Inerstate has always been a good replacement, but the box does limit you.
So thinking outside the box ,... do you even need a box?. Remove it, trim off the sides.
You do need to retain the hold-down, or replace with a universal hold-down kit. Safety check requires battery is secure. lots of room for any size battrey once box sides are gone.
Keep in mind that the top cover of the battery box is also the hood seal to the cowl.
If you remove that cover you will have tons of water intrusion.

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
So I did the XS Power 4700. When it was delivered, I put it on my battery charger for a couple days to trickle charge it back to full.

Dropped in the car with no issues, and the car starts really fast now.

TorresDoe8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Hey guys, I have an airlift system and full diode dynamics headlights. What battery would you recommend for these additional electronics?

Sponsored

5.0_sittinlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, I have an airlift system and full diode dynamics headlights. What battery would you recommend for these additional electronics?
I need help with this as well. I have 3p airlift and a star light headliner so I need something with a little more power than the stock battery. Any suggestions 🙏🏽

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Guys, just installed over the weekend a Motorcraft BAGM96R Battery. The stang is still in hibernation at the moment but after using my CTEK charger and trickle since October. I started it a couple of Fridays ago and it was rough starting. Since this is the original battery, I thought it best time for a change and picked this battery up for $200 through a local Ford dealer. See how it goes but thought I give you guys another option. The CCA is the same as the OEM battery at 590 but this battery is an AGM style. Installed, started fine and now back on the CTEK charger.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I installed the D4700 on mine with a 2400 watt stereo system in it with no hiccups. But, the battery doesn’t run those things, the alternator does. So unless your inflating your airlift or running lights with the car off then the battery isn’t the focus.
Sponsored