Best looking mustang ever?

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Come on guys, you're forgetting about this stunner.

6072a4dac596e85f8d7c35989b955850 (1).jpg
Wow the little 2.3 Lima got its own badge. A “2.3T” badge for an EB makes a lot of sense…but not for that Lima lump back in 79.

but I thought the early foxys were way better looking than the Mustang IIs. I really like the 82 GT even though it’s a little gaudy…

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Wow the little 2.3 Lima got its own badge. A “2.3T” badge for an EB makes a lot of sense…but not for that Lima lump back in 79.

but I thought the early foxys were way better looking than the Mustang IIs. I really like the 82 GT even though it’s a little gaudy…
I had one of those 79s. It was a fun little car and not out of place in its day. I also had an ‘83 GT and an ‘89 LX 5.0. Not the most beautiful of Mustangs, but I had a lot of fun with all of them.

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Surprised the original 64-65 models not being mentioned. I would say these and the pre-2018 S550 are my favorites.

65101.jpg

65102.jpg

kk.jpg
I personally like them but just gravitate to more aggressive designs, like the 67-73. Agree about the S550 though.

OP
OP

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I had one of those 79s. It was a fun little car and not out of place in its day. I also had an ‘83 GT and an ‘89 LX 5.0. Not the most beautiful of Mustangs, but I had a lot of fun with all of them.
Did you have the 5.0? A friend of mine had a 79 Capri 5.0. Nice car, slower off the line than my old 72 but flew past not long after.

I actually think the LX 5.0 fastback is a beautiful but aggressive, uncluttered design. Best looking foxbody other than the new edges.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Make no mistake... I got a lot of love for the Fox. But head-turners, they weren't. Although this did get a lot of attention in grocery store parking lots in 2019. My sister had this same car in 1979 when I was a kid, so there's a lot of sentiment for me in this color combo.

I would love a 79 Pace Car or Cobra. The decal packages killed.

4.jpg

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Did you have the 5.0? A friend of mine had a 79 Capri 5.0. Nice car, slower off the line than my old 72 but flew past not long after.

I actually think the LX 5.0 fastback is a beautiful but aggressive, uncluttered design. Best looking foxbody other than the new edges.
No my '79 was the 4-banger 2.3. And mine was actually a Capri too. But as you probably know, the only difference between the Capri and Mustang at that time were a few plastic trim bits.

Deleted member 35644

No my '79 was the 4-banger 2.3. And mine was actually a Capri too. But as you probably know, the only difference between the Capri and Mustang at that time were a few plastic trim bits.
For me, the fenders made all the difference, and a Capri notchback couldn't be had.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Make no mistake... I got a lot of love for the Fox. But head-turners, they weren't. Although this did get a lot of attention in grocery store parking lots in 2019. My sister had this same car in 1979 when I was a kid, so there's a lot of sentiment for me in this color combo.

I would love a 79 Pace Car or Cobra. The decal packages killed.

4.jpg
I actually think the Fox body Mustangs returned the Mustang to its original roots of an affordable "sporty" car that could be a lot of fun. The styling has not aged well at all, but it was not totally out of place in its day.

The Mustang II era tried to do the same thing, but it was built on a horrible platform and the general public mindset was squarely focused on economy not performance. By the late '70s, there seemed to be more of an interest in performance again.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
For me, the fenders made all the difference, and a Capri notchback couldn't be had.
Now that you mention it, you are right that the Capri had those bowed out fenders. I did like the way those looked.
Sponsored