Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Whichever ones you get if you're adding cats make sure they are high quality. Kooks Green Cats fit this category. Substandard aftermarket cats tend to get blown out by our cars.
Especially if cat protection is ignored when tuning.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Had a reputable shop tell me to wait until they install some Ultimate Headers next week. He feels they may be superior to the Kooks.
Iā€™ll report back.
-J
Just looked them up since I hadn't heard of them. I'm wondering if I should just go Kooks and worry about correcting collectors down the road. I know some excellent fab guys.

Screenshot_20220811-215900_Google.jpg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just looked them up since I hadn't heard of them. I'm wondering if I should just go Kooks and worry about correcting collectors down the road. I know some excellent fab guys.

Screenshot_20220811-215900_Google.jpg
Today is the first time Iā€™ve EVER heard anyone say anything negative about Kooks.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Today is the first time Iā€™ve EVER heard anyone say anything negative about Kooks.
Those are Ultimate Header reviews. I agree on having never heard bad things about Kooks. I also know that if you're in this industry long enough and get big enough, sooner or later something negative will surface. What was said above is certainly logical and a reasonable complaint imo. I do think fitment and clearance are bigger concerns for myself. A friend had ARH on his GT 350 and had a few clearance issues. Amazing aound exhaust though

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Those are Ultimate Header reviews. I agree on having never heard bad things about Kooks. I also know that if you're in this industry long enough and get big enough, sooner or later something negative will surface. What was said above is certainly logical and a reasonable complaint imo. I do think fitment and clearance are bigger concerns for myself. A friend had ARH on his GT 350 and had a few clearance issues. Amazing aound exhaust though
Yeah I quoted the wrong post but I was referencing the comment about the Kooks connection ball. Iā€™ve never heard anyone say they had an issue with them until now and it seems like itā€™s just anecdotal 3rd hand info.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I'm running Ultimate headers on my 03 Cobra coyote swap. Jim makes a great product.
296188955_449636563761704_2341137636174253735_n.jpg

Our 2020 GT500 runs the Stainless Works headers which fit and work excellent. I've also used Kooks and American Racing Headers on several of my project cars over the years. All of these that I'm speaking of are top tier brands. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and we'll be glad to help you guys out.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you're going to spend money on top tier LTH, I recommend spending the extra $200-$300 to have them cerakoted. It's quick and fairly cheap and there's thousands of certified cerakote installers. Jet Hot is great, but a little bit more expensive and you have to ship them off. Most people have cerakote installers in their area. Header wraps provide the most insulation, but are problematic from a number of aspects (moisture collection, additional thickness and clearancing, etc). The ceramic coating isn't a huge drop, but it's measurable and every little bit helps with reducing under hood temps. And it's a whole lot easier to do when they're brand new (much less prep) and out of the car already.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
For reference purposes, here is what the Corsa design looks like. While itā€™s still a ball and socket setup, it will pull down evenly when tightened/torqued, as opposed to the 2 bolt ball and socket design. Iā€™ve had those before (to be fair, not Kooks brand), but theyā€˜ve all bent on me when establishing the required torque spec. Iā€™m sure kooks would install a custom v-band style clamp flange on their headers, just like Ultimate did on Lethalā€™s ā€˜03 Cobra. That is also a good design which Iā€™ve personally used on my ā€™13 GT. I donā€™t want to sound like Iā€™m bashing Kooks at all, because they do appear to make a very nice looking set of headers, I just prefer a different style flange.

405838?$prodpg640x480$.jpg

1660329694880.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I believe Ultimate was started by guys from Corsa?
I do know theyā€™re in Ohio and Iā€™ll provide feedback once the shop I trust installs them.
Iā€™ll order mine with V-bands as I do with all my headers.
Specifying V-bands and O2 bungs that angle down our huge benefits Iā€™m definitely looking for.
Iā€™ve installed pretty much every company with the exception of Ultimate and the reason I started this thread was to hear about any S550 GT500 potential issues or headaches.
My 2014 was used in the Stainless Works promo You Tube vid as I wanted an H-pipe and different tips. Also from
Other s197 GT500 guys there were a few issues on install for us ā€˜13-14 guys so I left my car with them for a little over a week and they built and installed the exhaust from headers to tips on my ā€˜14.
Later when I built the motor I swapped in 2ā€ primary 3.5ā€ collector ARH headers and there were several clearance issues (to be fair the car was highly modded but then) but the ARH hit the steering shaft where the SW didnā€™t.
My friend has since left SW so Iā€™m open to try whichever company is hassle free on our cars!
-J

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I'm running Ultimate headers on my 03 Cobra coyote swap. Jim makes a great product.
296188955_449636563761704_2341137636174253735_n.jpg

Our 2020 GT500 runs the Stainless Works headers which fit and work excellent. I've also used Kooks and American Racing Headers on several of my project cars over the years. All of these that I'm speaking of are top tier brands. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and we'll be glad to help you guys out.

Thanks!
Excellent what K-member on the Coyote Cobra?
I believe Alex Flores also used Ultimate and UPR in his Fox Coyote swap?
Iā€™m also Coyote swapping a ā€˜93 Cobra and maybe both cars will get the same company?
-j

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent what K-member on the Coyote Cobra?
I believe Alex Flores also used Ultimate and UPR in his Fox Coyote swap?
Iā€™m also Coyote swapping a ā€˜93 Cobra and maybe both cars will get the same company?
-j
It's the UPR K member along with Viking coil overs in the front and rear. UPR control arms and anti roll bar as well.
Here's the last update I filmed.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe Ultimate was started by guys from Corsa?
I do know theyā€™re in Ohio and Iā€™ll provide feedback once the shop I trust installs them.
Iā€™ll order mine with V-bands as I do with all my headers.
Specifying V-bands and O2 bungs that angle down our huge benefits Iā€™m definitely looking for.
Iā€™ve installed pretty much every company with the exception of Ultimate and the reason I started this thread was to hear about any S550 GT500 potential issues or headaches.
My 2014 was used in the Stainless Works promo You Tube vid as I wanted an H-pipe and different tips. Also from
Other s197 GT500 guys there were a few issues on install for us ā€˜13-14 guys so I left my car with them for a little over a week and they built and installed the exhaust from headers to tips on my ā€˜14.
Later when I built the motor I swapped in 2ā€ primary 3.5ā€ collector ARH headers and there were several clearance issues (to be fair the car was highly modded but then) but the ARH hit the steering shaft where the SW didnā€™t.
My friend has since left SW so Iā€™m open to try whichever company is hassle free on our cars!
-J
Jim Browning started Corsa and eventually sold it. He's the owner of Ultimate headers and makes a top notch product. As I mentioned before I run the ultimate headers on my 03 cobra coyote swap and they fit, work great.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Headers have come a long way in the past 15 years. Even some of the cheap brands are good enough to put on higher end vehicles. But you are probably better off just spending the extra money for the higher quality stuff.
Sponsored