Sponsored

Best header fitment, and the option to order catless pipes.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I ran them with my Ultimate Headers LTHs until I blew them out on the drag strip.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-broken-weld-on-mid-pipe.191891/#post-3853343

Aren’t the cats that can support 1200 hp super expensive (as in $3K-$5K)?
The cats that support 1200 hp are the Gesi GEN2 UHOX, but it has to be a 6" OD core. The ones we get from most of these header companies are only 4" OD, (think Kooks GREEN cats) which are only rated for up to 500 per cat. Part of the problem too, is that becasue of the long tube headers pushing the cats down underneath the car, you have ground clearance issues. I Wonder though if a 5" core would still fit, and will support 1,000 hp per cat.

1716388589408-qz.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The cats that support 1200 hp are the Gesi GEN2 UHO+, but it has to be a 6" OD core. The ones we get from most of these header companies are only 4" OD, (think Kooks GREEN cats) which are only rated for up to 500 per cat. Part of the problem too, is that becasue of the long tube headers pushing the cats down underneath the car, you have ground clearance issues. I Wonder though if a 5" core would still fit, and will support 1,000 hp per cat.

1716388589408-qz.png
Copy that! I can say for certain that a 5” boxy won’t fit on my car. They would hit the floorboard.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Copy that! I can say for certain that a 5” boxy won’t fit on my car. They would hit the floorboard.
Yeah I just reached out to @beefcake to see if the 4.5" (85200) can be purchased with the Stainless Power/Works connectors already on it. Im certain I haved an additional 1/4" between the cat and the body of the car.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With extra long O2 sensor extensions, the tuner needs to play with the timing of the query in the tune, but, in theory, it might work to mitigate some of the issues.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
With extra long O2 sensor extensions, the tuner needs to play with the timing of the query in the tune, but, in theory, it might work to mitigate some of the issues.
This isn't actually true, just a misconception, you can extend the wires you just can't solder to them. The O2 sensors pull oxygen through the wire insulation to calibrate themselves, soldering to the wires interferes with that.

Sponsored

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
So with stuff going on sale this weekend, I'm looking to pick up a set of headers. I'm mainly looking for the best fitment and will also bolt up to my Corsa Extremes without any fabrication, and the option to order a catless connection in the future when I add a supercharger.

From what I've found, Kooks and LTH are the only companies that sell a catted and a catless set anymore, with the option to buy the connection pipes separately. Are there any other options, or are these the only 2 companies that still sell catless headers?

Looks like Kooks no longer sells catless sets anymore, just the connection pipes you can buy separately. Had this old link saved when I was looking and now it just goes to a dead end.
https://kooksheaders.com/headers/he...atted-connection-kit-2015-2020-mustang-gt-50l
My buddy use to work for corsa he said they worked closely with kooks and design there exhaust systems to work with kooks headers. I have kooks 1 7/8 long tubes on my car no fitment issues whatsoever. Ive also installed just about every brand you can name. Kooks, ultimate headers, and stainless works. Are my favorites in that order. 2 M fab has catless connectors for off road use

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
So with stuff going on sale this weekend, I'm looking to pick up a set of headers. I'm mainly looking for the best fitment and will also bolt up to my Corsa Extremes without any fabrication, and the option to order a catless connection in the future when I add a supercharger.

From what I've found, Kooks and LTH are the only companies that sell a catted and a catless set anymore, with the option to buy the connection pipes separately. Are there any other options, or are these the only 2 companies that still sell catless headers?

Looks like Kooks no longer sells catless sets anymore, just the connection pipes you can buy separately. Had this old link saved when I was looking and now it just goes to a dead end.
https://kooksheaders.com/headers/he...atted-connection-kit-2015-2020-mustang-gt-50l
JBA with catless mid pipes. They fit great.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
This isn't actually true, just a misconception, you can extend the wires you just can't solder to them. The O2 sensors pull oxygen through the wire insulation to calibrate themselves, soldering to the wires interferes with that.
ummmmm you want to elaborate on that?

wide band or narrow?
since we're talking cats I'd assume it's narrow. i could be wrong as i am going off memory but I thought the fuel displaced the o2 and that catalyzes on a hot metal changing a voltage that the ecu reads. the o2 extension that came with my blower has soldered cramped pins inside the plug. are we talking about standard 60/40 solder or the new crap . they never taught that in any of my engineering classes, I work at a school teaching electricity and most of my friends are fleet mechanics so I would love to run your responce by them.

just to be clear I'm not trying to be a jerk it just comes out like that sometimes when I "debate" stem topics so,I am genuinely curious.

Construction-view-of-both-the-narrow-band-and-the-wide-band-oxygen-sensors-23.png
Sponsored