Best Dashcam

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Anybody have a recommendation for best dashcam? If you just search, the choices seem quite large and varied. A good experience using one that actually gives a good picture migh be just the ticket.

I have a 2019 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, and think it might be wise to get one after seeing some of the videos clips of dumb drivers and experiencing a few of same. I have to say, some people just should never be issues a driver's license.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
sub'd I just started looking at these too. The Blackvue seem like one of the better ones. I don't need the best pic but push notifications and a g sensor are needed which probably makes it an expensive unit.

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've been using Viofo A119 V3 in my other cars and just ordered one for the mustang. It hasn't given me any issues in the SoCal sun/heat so far. It's fairly reasonable priced at ~120$ and has good reviews on YouTube and Amazon. It's only a 2k camera, but I find it plenty. Note that most of the 4k cameras on Amazon aren't actually 4k, so be careful. They just advertise them as 4k because they just double the pixels in software, but the optics are just 2k or less. 4k cams such as Blackvue are a bit more expensive.

Amazon.com: VIOFO A119 V3 2K Dash Cam 2560x1440P Quad HD+ Car Dash Camera, Ultra Clear Night Vision, 140-Degree Wide Angle, GPS Included, Buffered Parking Mode, True HDR, Motion Detection, G-Sensor, Time Lapse: Electronics

You can buy the Viofo on eBay straight from the MFG for less.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've been using the Vantrue N4. It records front, back and the cabin so 3 way. Works great, video and sound are really good and has withstood the Florida heat (which was a huge factor for me). The only negatives are no wifi on it and if you want gps with mph you have to buy a seperte mirror mount.

w0rmwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
If you're on a bit of a budget but would still like some great features (motion sensing, decent quality night vision), I'd try this version of the Apeman dashcams.

https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Drivi...eywords=apeman+dash+cam&qid=1614186442&sr=8-4

I've had mine for about a year and it's great - I especially love having a camera in the rear and the ability for it to record for about 15 minutes after I'm parked , or kicks on if the sensor feels something against the car. No wifi or app though.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What is required to get cell phone emails/alerts when the g sensor detects vehicle movement? Does the dashcam company have to provide a cloud service? I'm wondering if this type of functionality is available on any of the cheaper cameras.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
+1 on vanture. I got the x4.

I personally would choose higher frame rates over a higher resolution. I'm usually recording 2560X1440P @ 60FPS.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I've been using Viofo A119 V3 in my other cars and just ordered one for the mustang. It hasn't given me any issues in the SoCal sun/heat so far. It's fairly reasonable priced at ~120$ and has good reviews on YouTube and Amazon. It's only a 2k camera, but I find it plenty. Note that most of the 4k cameras on Amazon aren't actually 4k, so be careful. They just advertise them as 4k because they just double the pixels in software, but the optics are just 2k or less. 4k cams such as Blackvue are a bit more expensive.

Amazon.com: VIOFO A119 V3 2K Dash Cam 2560x1440P Quad HD+ Car Dash Camera, Ultra Clear Night Vision, 140-Degree Wide Angle, GPS Included, Buffered Parking Mode, True HDR, Motion Detection, G-Sensor, Time Lapse: Electronics

You can buy the Viofo on eBay straight from the MFG for less.
I got the Viofo too, works great.

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
A little steep but went with BlackVue 750 and the battery pack. I wanted something that could record when sitting in a parking lot or elsewhere and I didn't want to hard wire it. A lot of research and it can be overwhelming. Between the reviews here in the threads and a few friends owning the BlackVue I feel I can't go wrong with it. Haven't installed it yet but will give a review of it once installed and used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D627HBZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AQXDPQN3LTP6G&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFRH34Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A37VQZG6U5MF8R&psc=1

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
A little steep but went with BlackVue 750 and the battery pack. I wanted something that could record when sitting in a parking lot or elsewhere and I didn't want to hard wire it. A lot of research and it can be overwhelming. Between the reviews here in the threads and a few friends owning the BlackVue I feel I can't go wrong with it. Haven't installed it yet but will give a review of it once installed and used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D627HBZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AQXDPQN3LTP6G&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFRH34Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A37VQZG6U5MF8R&psc=1
Where did you store the battery pack?

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT
Anybody have a recommendation for best dashcam? If you just search, the choices seem quite large and varied. A good experience using one that actually gives a good picture migh be just the ticket.

I have a 2019 Mustang GT, Kona Blue, and think it might be wise to get one after seeing some of the videos clips of dumb drivers and experiencing a few of same. I have to say, some people just should never be issues a driver's license.

Thanks!
I have a thinkware u1000 with rear camera. 4K picture in front 2k in rear . Pricey but videos are amazing. get the CPL filter in the pkg, cuts glare. Fits under the rear view mirror and the rear camera is unobtrusive in the rear.

https://us.thinkware.com/u1000/
Sponsored