daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know there have been threads on dash cams before but technology changes fast and new stuff comes out, so not interested in years old threads.

What are you guys running and are you happy with it?

anything that records front, rear and possibly inside the cabin?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FitcamX is probably the best integrated cam if you have the windshield sensor for the rain sensing wipers and precollision warning. They offer front only as well as front and rear I believe. I have the front cam, just haven’t had a chance to install it yet. No in-cabin option that I’m aware of. And there are probably better options as far as cloud storage and such. So I’d say it depends what features are most important to you

https://a.co/d/11uKOnk

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I know there have been threads on dash cams before but technology changes fast and new stuff comes out, so not interested in years old threads.

What are you guys running and are you happy with it?

anything that records front, rear and possibly inside the cabin?
I just switched from Viofo A129 Duo to A229 Plus. I run the interior cam on the upper right corner of the rear windscreen, and angled to my digital dash display. That way I can see my gear, speed, and RPM while on track. Put on Polaroid filters all 3 cams. Viofo fan here. They work reliably, and pretty straightforward to use.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm still rocking my Blackvue DR900x-2CH Plus.

I even got the Blackvue battery pack for it which is nice. Can run both front and rear camera for 19 hours after I turn the car off so it's ideal for when I'm at the grocery store or out and about.

There is a new version of it out but reviews are mixed on it. Mine is still working so see no need to change it.

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering the Vantrue n5... just came this morning, don't know when I will feel like doing the install, so guess we will see how it goes. Seems like there is a lot of pretty good options out there, hard to choose, I just picked one, lol.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Yeah it's overwhelming the number of choices and price ranges )=
I went with a vantrue unit and I've been happy but I really want the "rear view camera mirror" ones to get better so I can upgrade to that.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I am interested, but have zero knowledge about these cameras. Do they all transmit to cell phones? Or, are they on memory cards? I know that I could take the trip down the rabbit hole, but perhaps someone could put together a primer for us newbies? Just so that when anyone like myself looks into them that I have some familiarity with the language.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am interested, but have zero knowledge about these cameras. Do they all transmit to cell phones? Or, are they on memory cards? I know that I could take the trip down the rabbit hole, but perhaps someone could put together a primer for us newbies? Just so that when anyone like myself looks into them that I have some familiarity with the language.
Yes 🤭.

Some have memory cards, some are cloud based, some have both. The FitcamX allows you to download video from the camera to the phone app when the car is on and connected to WiFi. Otherwise you have to rely on the memory card.

There’s a larger dash cam thread in here somewhere that probably has a lot of the information you’re looking for, but probably not in a neat spreadsheet that would be easy to read and digest

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Here is the rabbit hole:
https://dashcamtalk.com/

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yes 🤭.

Some have memory cards, some are cloud based, some have both. The FitcamX allows you to download video from the camera to the phone app when the car is on and connected to WiFi. Otherwise you have to rely on the memory card.

There’s a larger dash cam thread in here somewhere that probably has a lot of the information you’re looking for, but probably not in a neat spreadsheet that would be easy to read and digest
My new Viofo takes a 512GB card, but I didn't have time to buy a spare before my track weekend. I like to swap out before files start to get overwritten so that I can review/delete files at my later convenience.

Of course, I also left the little uSD card tray for my laptop at home, so I bought this widget at Walmart. I ejected the card from the camera, inserted it into the adapter and then I could view/delete the files, which allowed enough room to get me home without losing important track videos to watch.

1716896790987-uw.png
Sponsored