Sponsored

BEFORE BUYING A PROCHARGER (PLEASE READ)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Fellow boost junkies...

I have been getting a lot of PM's asking about "which kit is best for me" and "what headunit do I need" so let me take all the guess work out of it for ya, and hopefully save you all some $$$$.

I wanna run 9's and have a stock motor whats the best kit?

Good news, you can do that with the entry-level HO kit, on the entry-level blower.

You know the one that runs the 6 rib drive belt, and has been going 9's for over 8 years! :)

- Long before the P1X
- Before the Stage 2 (dedicated drive) existed
- Before intake swaps, were even a thing

Receipt for success is simple... HO tuner kit + E85 + your favorite tuner = FLYING!

Now don't get me wrong, we have plenty of other options to get you anywhere from 600-2,200+ HP for a Coyote,... from STG2 kits, to Crank supports, to even CrankDrives for those going with solid billet blocks for all out 6 second race car stuff. However, for 90% of the street car customers out there, the "OG" HO kit will do just fine.

Now onto the next question I get...

What head-unit is best for me? (Eriks Cliff note Version)

550 whp - to 750 whp --- The entry level P1SC1 is perfect
600 whp - to 950 whp --- Thats where the P1X is perfect
800 whp - to 1050 whp --- This is the range to consider D1X
900 whp - to 1350 whp --- Average range for F1A94

Now, as you can see the entry level P1SC1 is perfect for 95% of the stock motor cars out there that wanna run pump gas, and maybe do a flex fuel tune.

The P1X has the biggest range, and yes will 100% have the ability to stress test your factory short block with ease. Yes, there is a 1,400hp P-1X Gen2 Coyote out there, proving that a LOT is possible depending on the engine and the set up.

Only time I would consider a D1X is if the car is basically on kill with E85 all the time AND has a high stall TQ converter. Reason why I say this, is If a D1X is turned down to run on pump gas, it would have a "soft" midrange, compared to a P1X or P1SC1, due to the impeller not being spun fast enough to get into its "sweet spot".

The F1A94 is when you are ready to go 8's or 7's while making 1100,1200,1300+ the easiest way possible. But you better have a built motor, cause with a good tune you are ready to set some records.

If you are stock motor and pump 91-93 gas (10 to high 9 second car)
HO Kit with P1SC1 or P1X will be perfect

If you are stock motor and Pump/E85 (average mid to low 9 second car)
HO Kit with P1SC1 or P1X will do it, some might choose D1SC

If you are stock now, but someday wanna do 1000+ whp (Average 8 second car)
This is when most do STG2, to have the dedicated belt.

If you are wanting to build a full tilt race toy (Mid 8 second to high 7 second car)
This would be STG2, usually F1A94, and usually add CrankSupport.

If anyone has any more questions, please don't hesitate to CALL US. I know sometimes it feels weird, but we have a massive phone staff of hot rodders like you ready to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for reading! :)

NOTE: If I don't respond to a PM within 24hrs, please just call...cause its the fastest. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I ran the P600B back in 1999. :).

Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
I ran the P600B back in 1999. :).
I had a p600b kit on my 1993 Cobra mustang. I installed it in 1994. I was 24 years old and remember my dad (rip Dad) coming home from work and I had the front bumper off to install the intercooler. He had a few choice words for me. Still have the addiction. Man that car was fun.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
This post makes me feel better about my HO P1x kit.

Dumb question, and I'd hate to hijack this thread, but what other supporting mods will someone need to use E85 w/a HO kit?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
This post makes me feel better about my HO P1x kit.

Dumb question, and I'd hate to hijack this thread, but what other supporting mods will someone need to use E85 w/a HO kit?
Depends on what power level you want. (And what injectors you have).

Some folks get crazy and spend big big bucks on massive fuel systems and injectors that are way to big for their end goals. However, look around the net and see what fits your budget.

A nice simple twin pump set up, and 95/1000cc injectors covers the needs for 95% of folks wanting to run E85 and larger boost numbers with stock engines.

R34P3R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 GT A10
@ProChargerTECH Many positive displacement kits on the market include fuel system upgrades in their stage 1 kits, however procharger kits generally exclude these add-ons. However, stage 1 kits making 8psi seem to do fine without even running pump gas. If and when are upgrades to the fuel system necessary on 93 octane? At what boost or power level?

Thanks in advance.