Been Reading Other Forums

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Been perusing the Camaro and Challenger forums. I am not a Chevy hater (I drag raced Chevy's for years) and really like the Challenger's.

But they seem to have litany of engine noises, trans issues, failures, leaks, squeaks, etc. I love my 2018 Mustang GT Premium, and have had no issues, although I realize anything can and will malfunction.

Still very glad I bought my 2018.
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Been perusing the Camaro and Challenger forums. I am not a Chevy hater (I drag raced Chevy's for years) and really like the Challenger's.

But they seem to have litany of engine noises, trans issues, failures, leaks, squeaks, etc. I love my 2018 Mustang GT Premium, and have had no issues, although I realize anything can and will malfunction.

My advice to anyone - never join a car forum after buying a car.

I love my 18 as well. I was freaked at first reading threads here - then I came to relax and now they don't bother me in the slightest - that and my second piece of advice - the forum ignore feature - use it heavily.

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
+1

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

I wouldnt champion the Mustang, either, it's got plenty of it's own problems that you don't have to delve to far to find out about. Though note that the population on forums is a lot that tend to have problems, the people with few or no problems are much less represented so any make and model can look bad, on a forum.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I wouldnt champion the Mustang, either, it's got plenty of it's own problems that you don't have to delve to far to find out about. Though note that the population on forums is a lot that tend to have problems, the people with few or no problems are much less represented so any make and model can look bad, on a forum.
Of course we are going to champion the Mustang - this is a Mustang enthusiasts forum not a storm bunker forum.

Like Dahhh.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
rebellovw;

If I would have read all the issues with every body's model XXXX, I would have never bought anything. Nothing I have ever owned has been perfect and I have owned many different makes and models over the years, foreign and domestic.

I just know every time I take the 18/GT for a spin, it takes about an hour after I park it to get the grin off my face.

When I drag raced, I had a buddy that told me GMC stood for "God's Magnificent Creation", but I always knew better!

Mikethehun1,

That was even funnier . . . . . .

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
So, how do you use the "ignore" feature?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
OMG you guys are crazy - lol

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
At one point I was second guessing my purchase, so much so I posed the question on another Mustang forum if I should consider walking away from my deposit. Someone answered that the forums are full of “keyboard cowboys” and that much of the griping should be taken with a grain of salt. That made me laugh and feel better about my purchase. Many months later I’m just over 13K km of trouble free driving, with the exception of a leaking rear shock replaced, of course, under warranty. When you consider the number of cars sold versus membership numbers on any particular forum (plus the fact that many of us are on multiple forums), there are likely a significant number of owners out there happily driving their Mustang, or Camaro or Challenger, without complaint.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
All cars/models have/will have issues don’t let anyone lie to you about that. People on here said that every 11+ 5.0 was going to blow any at second, etc. Go on Camaro6 and the Mustang is a POS and the Camaro has no issues until you visit the issues section. If you can find a Challenger fourm it’s the same thing. Then you have people spamming drama youtube videos for money saying the car company is screwing them and every car is defective.

Always take what you read on forums with a grain of salt. People are lemon lawing over a paint chip. One creak and people lose their minds and panic. You would think that several hundred thousand 6th gen Mustangs would be in the scrap yard by now if you read around here.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
johnnybee and thehunterooo

Well said and so oh true. I have a business and if there is one "you tube expert" or forum warrior that has a slight problem with a manufacturer's product, we get lots of emails and phone calls about this new fatal flaw. You can hear the panic in customers voices over the phone who have already purchased product ABC and some even get rid of a perfectly good, solid product.

In reality, only a small percentage of the total production volume has any issues, the vast majority do not. However, I will make an exception to this based on what I have read on the Camaro forum :like:

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

My engine is a noisy bitch, but she still runs great.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The biggest issue with any specific vehicle forum is the posters/owners. Forums attract the real enthusiasts that are really into their vehicles...........too much so at times. I remember thinking people here were a bit over-the-top and OCD, then I started reading a Corvette forum......

Jesus H. Christo but those people are..............passionate about their cars. Very much so.

Here it's mostly about mods and such. On the other forum, it was about keeping the cars new and stock. Many Corvette owners hardly drive their cars......it's bizarre.
Sponsored