Sponsored

Battery Warning

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
I apologize, as I am sure there is a thread about this somewhere. I received a notice on my Ford Pass App that my 2021 Mustang (Mach 1) was going into "deep sleep mode" and remote start and locking and unlocking doors would be unavailable. It said this happens when the car has not been driven for a while. I literally drive the car every day, including this morning. Is my battery about to die? I went out and the car started just fine. I'm confused, wanted to know if anyone knows what this is about. I'll be calling the Ford dealer when they open.
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I apologize, as I am sure there is a thread about this somewhere. I received a notice on my Ford Pass App that my 2021 Mustang (Mach 1) was going into "deep sleep mode" and remote start and locking and unlocking doors would be unavailable. It said this happens when the car has not been driven for a while. I literally drive the car every day, including this morning. Is my battery about to die? I went out and the car started just fine. I'm confused, wanted to know if anyone knows what this is about. I'll be calling the Ford dealer when they open.
Bring it into your Ford dealer to get it sorted out before it leaves you stranded. Despite it being new still means you could have a faulty part on the car. Battery, short in a wire, or even faulty PCM could be the issue. Bring it in ASAP they will fix it for free.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bring it into your Ford dealer to get it sorted out before it leaves you stranded. Despite it being new still means you could have a faulty part on the car. Battery, short in a wire, or even faulty PCM could be the issue. Bring it in ASAP they will fix it for free.
This.

Brand new car could have a faulty battery, (many documented cases on this forum) which, especially in newer Ford vehicles, certain electronic features become unavailable / act wonky when the battery is on it's last legs.

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This.

Brand new car could have a faulty battery, (many documented cases on this forum) which, especially in newer Ford vehicles, certain electronic features become unavailable / act wonky when the battery is on it's last legs.

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I have had the car since April. The car did start and I did not get another message yet on my App. I am scheduled for an oil change next week, but I guess I might have to bring it in early. I am waiting to hear back from my dealer.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Well I have had the car since April. The car did start and I did not get another message yet on my App. I am scheduled for an oil change next week, but I guess I might have to bring it in early. I am waiting to hear back from my dealer.
It happens all the time to me.iff I let it sit for few days like when it's raining.even if I drive it afterwards I'll get that alert.seems algorithm is looking for longer drives. If not alert come s up.my battery is always above 14
I just start car and remote starts working.

OP
OP
Dmustang82

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford said it might have just a been a quirk with the App. I was able to remote start my car with the key fob and they said that wouldn't happen if the battery was on the verge of dying. I am going for a drive at lunch though. I did drive it in heavy rain yesterday, wonder if that played a role.
Sponsored