schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Hello,
My Battery harness has a short and the dealer recc replacing for $650+!. So I bought the harness online, and it's got an awful lot of connectors! Pic attached. Is this something doable myself. Is there an installation guide anywhere (none shipped with product).

2015 GT.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 2.48.33 PM.png
It must be a fairly common problem, because I got lucky I found 1 instock and its sold out everywhere.
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Not a hard job , just a pain in the ass . Start at one end and work to the other . You will need to get under the car , so ramps , jack stands or lift will help . As far as instruction you can order an online service manual, don't think it will be much help with this repair .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That's a lot of "to do" for a battery harness repair!

Was your issue due to the common corrosion problem? Did one of your terminals rot off due to the corrosion?

OP
OP
schenoy1

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
That's a lot of "to do" for a battery harness repair!

Was your issue due to the common corrosion problem? Did one of your terminals rot off due to the corrosion?
No corrosion. A short in the cable, have to wiggle it around near the fuse box to get it to power on. Going to tackle it tomorrow. Identified the first 5 connections, another 12 or so to go. lol.

OP
OP
schenoy1

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Not a hard job , just a pain in the ass . Start at one end and work to the other . You will need to get under the car , so ramps , jack stands or lift will help . As far as instruction you can order an online service manual, don't think it will be much help with this repair .
One hour? bwahahahah. Easy job??? :(

Ok, I spent like 6-7 hours on it and I'm only halfway and thinking about giving up and getting it towed to dealer. Its a fkn nightmare! I dont' see how to access the connections that are going up behind the transmission. Now I see why the dealer quoted me 5 hours to install :(

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Don't make it so hard ........... Remember kiss ........ keep it simple stupid ......... just installed long tubes this morning ........but I also was not doing them on my back
20211024_110610.jpg
Sponsored