Seatbelt Guide Click Rattle

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
I've narrowed down an annoying ticking rattle behind my ear, on both side, to the seat belt guide. Since I'm tall, and don't use it, the plastic "airbag" insert piece is clicking inside the guide itself. If I tap on it, it clicks on demand. Other than taping it, any suggestions? Pic attached is not my car, but highlights the piece.

20201021_110620.jpg
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My 2019 car doesn't have that piece; it's a 'strap' instead. I'd have preferred that piece, but if it rattles, then I won't complain anymore. Ha ha. Good luck, but if I were you, I'd shove something between the 2 attachment points at each side, to remove any play. Otherwise, you'd have to remove it, and see how you can fix whatever play is causing the rattling. I don't see any covers for bolts on that poor picture, but it has to be installed after the seat cover is on, so you should be able to remove it somehow as well. Hopefully somebody will post how. Good luck.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP’s a vert if that makes a difference ?

WD :like:

OP
OP
Reddirocket27

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Yep, maybe the convertible has a different piece? In any case, it's not side to side movement of the entire guide - that's bolted to the seat frame or something. It's the little plastic insert (cap) which I assume covers the bolt. I taped it with gorilla tape for now, but obviously it looks terrible lol

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I have a weird rattle at lower speeds on rougher roads. Seems to come from the passenger seat, because if I hit the seat it will make a noise. Just haven't spent time on it, but I wonder if it the little magnet seat belt guide.
Sponsored