Baseline Trackday

OP
OP

TommyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well, KohR Motorsports went dark on me (I was trying to give them ~$10k for phase 1 of this build this winter, but they stopped responding to email and haven't returned any calls).

Fortunately, I found a great local guy who is a certified Shelby/Ford Performance mechanic at a local dealership and has started doing work.

So far, I've got the Ford Performance race suspension and the Power Pack 3 installed. It is winter here, so haven't been able to push the car, but I now have -2.2 degrees front camber and an extra 60hp above 6k rpm that is noticeable.

Honestly, this is how the GTPP should have come from the factory. I know the '18s have some updates, but I bet they are still 'soft' compared to this.

My plan is to run another trackday before putting on any aero bits to see how these additions drop my times.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Honestly, this is how the GTPP should have come from the factory. I know the '18s have some updates, but I bet they are still 'soft' compared to this.
Ford outta just offer Mustangs as a body, choice of engine, transmission and then an allowance for suspension, wheels/tires, interior, etc with the way many of us toss just about every factory part that we can to make the car 'better', lol.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Thanks.

The app does not have diff temp from what I can find. Which is unfortunate, because I got an axle temp warning after about 25 minutes of hard driving.

My 359R had it as a readout.

The diff temp is in the PCM module and it's not a standard OBDII PID. The only software I've found that will see it is Forscan and I don't know yet if they have an Android app, haven't got that far along. I added it to a Forscan dash and it works but I've put the car away for winter and won't do anything now till spring.

One other thing, try the BG 75-140 diff fluid, I'm running that and have had no problem with diff overheat warnings. YMMV.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m327.fordtroublecode.oht.fordscan.fordsysscan

and this one appears to be from Forscan so it should get PCM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astech.forscanlite

First one shows PCM and its free so might be worth looking at to see if the Diff temp PID shows up. The warnings about using cheap OBDII readers are legit, I tried a couple of them, they won't see anything but OBDII PIDs, ended up buying the OBDLink MX and it can access all the Ford specific data.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I got some time today and bought the Forscan app, it works fine and can access all the PIDs in all modules. I was able to build a dash with it that has the usual stuff in it and the diff temp which I know works from testing it with Forscan on a PC. It also shows engine oil temp but no idea if that one actually works or not, yet. For 5 bucks it's a very useful app.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
OP, you've already admitted the Pirelli's are limiting your braking, that should be a clue to your first priority. At this point, the tires will limit the amount of gains you will notice from the mods. So even with all the changes, you won't see their true potential until you ante up for competition rubber.

I know when I started racing SCCA in the early 90's, (yes, that's not a typo) race tires were a necessary purchase. I won nothing without BFG Comp R1's at the time. Race rubber will change your world. I'm sure tire technology has come a long way since then, but I gotta believe the race compounds have as well. Good luck and keep us up to date.
Sponsored