Sponsored

Base model owners - what do you think?

MG2015ECO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco W/PP Black/Black
For me this is a second car, I have a great high MPG daily driver. So I went EB w/PP, great looking and all the power I need, with about $4000 down I am about $23000 out the door, just where I wanted to be.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
For me this is a second car, I have a great high MPG daily driver. So I went EB w/PP, great looking and all the power I need, with about $4000 down I am about $23000 out the door, just where I wanted to be.
I preferred EB with all the pretty things and good MPG because this will be my only car so I went for EB with PP, 50yr AP, Nav, AT with $15K down and a $4K trade in. I'll personally be happier with the fluff than all power no interior. Especially since I drive an 07 fusion with about 25hp under the hood.

Plus I wont have to worry about the seats when I become the first S550 owner to attempt take his girl to the back seat :headbang:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I preferred EB with all the pretty things and good MPG because this will be my only car so I went for EB with PP, 50yr AP, Nav, AT with $15K down and a $4K trade in. I'll personally be happier with the fluff than all power no interior. Especially since I drive an 07 fusion with about 25hp under the hood.

Plus I wont have to worry about the seats when I become the first S550 owner to attempt take his girl to the back seat :headbang:
Good luck, there is no space back there :cheers:

billy the k

billy the k
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 base GT/Ingot silver/6spd MT/PP/Recaros
I chose the base GT with MT/PP/ and Recaros.

Knowing that other Mustang forum members have reported negative comments (by wife/girlfriend) regarding the Recaros, I must say it was a relief to hear the first words out of my own wife upon climbing into the new GT: "Love the seats!" [she's 5'5" and 120lbs]. I would not want leather seats in any car in the Southwest. I wanted firm & supportive cloth seats, and the Recaros are just fine.

Lacking in Bells & whistles?
After just having stepped out of our 25 year old 1989 F-150, the base model GT is like a car from another planet—magic key fobs, back-up cameras, beeping to let you know how close you are to a wall behind you, a CD player in the center console, tire pressure readout for all corners, gas-mileage, etc.—man, this so-called "base" model is loaded with remarkable stuff!

I wanted the best cornering, most stable and best-braking GT, and that necessitated the Performance Package—the big Brembos and the Torsen differential were not available as a stand-alone option. I knew that I might find the gearing with the 3.73 a bit too short for my liking, but it doesn't take long to adapt to getting out of 1st gear quickly, and then there's 2nd—a thrilling slingshot that can't fail to put a smile on your face (or even laugh out loud at the marvellous reserves of pulling power you have on tap).

So based on my first few days of driving it, I think that folks who've ordered the base GT + PP + Recaros will not be disappointed. Not at all.

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I was going to get a base GT with cloth Recaros..... Then swap out the wheels and tires for a nice set of 19's...all this would have brought the price close to my no option GT 50th...... That being said, I would go with the base and dress it up. I really don't see the leather seats holding up well.

Sponsored

sgtcentipede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
In a DD setting (no track use) - how much of an upgrade is the PP? I'm not sure if anyone drove a non PP and a PP.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
In a DD setting (no track use) - how much of an upgrade is the PP? I'm not sure if anyone drove a non PP and a PP.
I drove a non PP V6 while my car was being repaired. My car is the EB with PP. It's noticeably tighter and overall a better driving experience for me (but not necessarily everyone).

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
The price for the PP compared to the amount of stuff you are getting, I think, is a no-brainer for most and why you don't see very many base GT's without it. Even as a normal DD with no anticipated track time I would much rather have the numerous performance upgrades for peace of mind. The brakes alone are worth it to me, everything else is just a bonus.

I hate to think it would happen but imagine you had to make a quick maneuver to avoid road debris or slam on the brakes for whatever reason, that extra bit of stiffness in the suspension and slightly better braking may just be the difference between a bad accident or a close call. Like I said, to me, it's just added peace of mind.

OP
OP

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
The price for the PP compared to the amount of stuff you are getting, I think, is a no-brainer for most and why you don't see very many base GT's without it. Even as a normal DD with no anticipated track time I would much rather have the numerous performance upgrades for peace of mind. The brakes alone are worth it to me, everything else is just a bonus.

I hate to think it would happen but imagine you had to make a quick maneuver to avoid road debris or slam on the brakes for whatever reason, that extra bit of stiffness in the suspension and slightly better braking may just be the difference between a bad accident or a close call. Like I said, to me, it's just added peace of mind.
By that logic you'd be better off with a smaller car in the first place, but I understand you want the best you can get out of a Mustang.
Sponsored