Sponsored

Base GT with PP, or GT Premium without PP?

What would you choose if only given these 2 options?

• Base GT with Performance Package

Votes: 42 53.2%
  • Premium GT without Performance Package

Votes: 37 46.8%

• Total voters

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
PP dash is not base dash??
Not totally clear on what you are asking/questioning.

PP base dash is a little different than non-PP base in that it has the gauges and fancy aluminum. But the center stack is completely different on base (or base with pp) vs. premium.
Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Premium without. Easier to add the go fast stuff later than the whole center stack and interior.

PP vs base is gauges and trim panel, premium vs base is MFT and the whole center stack.

Ford racing has the brakes, shocks/springs, and rear dif available, and those comprise most of the go fast PP goodies. Wheels/tires you can always replace on your own (and I wouldnt pick the goodyear tires anyway).

Casey

Threads
Reaction score
Base with PP. The interior is much improved over S197. In that case I would choose premium.

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Premium

Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Not totally clear on what you are asking/questioning.

PP base dash is a little different than non-PP base in that it has the gauges and fancy aluminum. But the center stack is completely different on base (or base with pp) vs. premium.
You answered it.

I should maker it a point to be more unclear more often :).

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Base GT with PP
1. Don't want leather seats.
2. I don't need heated/cooled seats.
3. A good exhaust can replace the radio.

Only premium features I would want are
1. Toggles
2. Rear diffuser (can be added to a base car later)
3. Driving modes.

On the fence about MyColor I love it in my 12.
If I did get a premium I would spend the extra cash on Navigation.

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
I'm with Synister... Don't want leather seats, the cloth are really good... You can add the rear diffuser, without spending the 4k on the premium, later...

OP
OP

Brianm0121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB GT Premium
Nice to see its about 50/50 so far with the community.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
I'm gonna say base with PP (which is what I am leaning towards). I currently have a 2013 GT premium, but without the Track Pack which makes me sad every day (especially auto-x days). The cost that it would cost to bring my car up to Track Pack standards is probably $5K including labour (although $1K of that I already spent on the Brembo wheels).

Here's my list of things on the premium and why I could go without them.

MyColor...I ended up setting mine to as close to the rest of the dash lights as possible because I hated the colour clash. Turned off the halos too.

Metal pedals...like 'em, but a cheap and easy upgrade aftermarket.

Diffuser...the premium one looks great, but on a dark car (Guard) perhaps it would matter less. I haven't seen enough pix to decide.

MFT/nav...I love toys so this would make me sad...but I do have a nice aftermarket nav for the few times I need it.

Dual auto climate control...if I have auto climate control I tend to set it and forget it...but I don't mind fiddling with the controls on my current car.

Shaker stereo...I ended up replacing my speakers anyway. But the base setup is probably EASIER to upgrade. Good 5-channel amp, audio control unit, component speakers f/r, 10" sub and I'm rocking harder than Shaker Pro I guarantee.

Interior bling...I like it, but not that much.

Toggles...they look cool, but I'm not a fan of drive modes (I have to set my wife's Bimmer to "Sport" every time...if I forget I feel like a doofus).

Leather...I actually prefer cloth, unless you're talking about a Swedish or Italian car and the leather smells like sex.

Heated/cooled seats...love me my heated seats, but with the cloth Recaros I'd need them less...and cooling I've never had so I won't miss it. Watch...for 2016 the Recaros will be heated...

Power seats...my wife very rarely drives my car so not an issue. I'm a little concerned about the lack of lumbar adjustability on the Recaros.

Sat radio...will miss this, especially when my wife is in the car and I need to calm her with Symphony Hall channel 76. But last time I renewed for some reason all the sports play-by-play channels disappeared (either I had a deal or they screwed it up before) so I am already mad at them.

Then again, it is only $120/month more for 401a than 300a (I would skip the leather Recaros)...maybe I'll get a raise between now and when I order lol.

Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I'm gonna say base with PP (which is what I am leaning towards). I currently have a 2013 GT premium, but without the Track Pack which makes me sad every day (especially auto-x days). The cost that it would cost to bring my car up to Track Pack standards is probably $5K including labour (although $1K of that I already spent on the Brembo wheels).

Here's my list of things on the premium and why I could go without them.

MyColor...I ended up setting mine to as close to the rest of the dash lights as possible because I hated the colour clash. Turned off the halos too.

Metal pedals...like 'em, but a cheap and easy upgrade aftermarket.

Diffuser...the premium one looks great, but on a dark car (Guard) perhaps it would matter less. I haven't seen enough pix to decide.

MFT/nav...I love toys so this would make me sad...but I do have a nice aftermarket nav for the few times I need it.

Dual auto climate control...if I have auto climate control I tend to set it and forget it...but I don't mind fiddling with the controls on my current car.

Shaker stereo...I ended up replacing my speakers anyway. But the base setup is probably EASIER to upgrade. Good 5-channel amp, audio control unit, component speakers f/r, 10" sub and I'm rocking harder than Shaker Pro I guarantee.

Interior bling...I like it, but not that much.

Toggles...they look cool, but I'm not a fan of drive modes (I have to set my wife's Bimmer to "Sport" every time...if I forget I feel like a doofus).

Leather...I actually prefer cloth, unless you're talking about a Swedish or Italian car and the leather smells like sex.

Heated/cooled seats...love me my heated seats, but with the cloth Recaros I'd need them less...and cooling I've never had so I won't miss it. Watch...for 2016 the Recaros will be heated...

Power seats...my wife very rarely drives my car so not an issue. I'm a little concerned about the lack of lumbar adjustability on the Recaros.

Sat radio...will miss this, especially when my wife is in the car and I need to calm her with Symphony Hall channel 76. But last time I renewed for some reason all the sports play-by-play channels disappeared (either I had a deal or they screwed it up before) so I am already mad at them.

Then again, it is only $120/month more for 401a than 300a (I would skip the leather Recaros)...maybe I'll get a raise between now and when I order lol.
I have a 12 withouT the track pack and I agree.I am going to the PP on my next GT.

MyColor: I actually love it. Change the colors once a month to switch it up.

Pedals and diffuser are an easy add later.

MFT/Nav: I would love this but the GT will probably not be my DD.

Toggles/driver modes: Wish the base had these. I don't understand why Ford doesn't have this on the base GT

I never understood why a 2 door coupe needed dual zone climate control.

Leather: Nope haha.

Radio: The exhaust makes better sound.

So yeah but who knows, my mind might change.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
dang, i thought the toggles were part of the PP for some reason :(
Sponsored