Sponsored

Bama Tune

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just curious was all, wasn't saying it in a dick way. I just am so focused on my car and platform no need to wonder what the GT's are modding or doing I guess.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Yep, thread was moved from the general discussion forum. Not that it matters.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Yes, see at the bottom of my post #6 I recommended it would be better suited in the EB forum so not to cause confusion. In the general section, just called "Bama Tune", it makes sense that V8 and V6 guys would also be adding lib. They are freee to but being on a different platform, the experience could be quite different. Tuning the EB is MUCH different than the EB.

There's nothing wrong with Bama tunes. I've had them before on other platforms. In my experience, they are just VERY conservative but then the gains are minimal to go with it. This was well documented on the forum earlier on by people getting the tunes and dyno testing. Those wanting more moved on. As a tuner would you rather have a reputation for not getting much power or blowing engines? They sell through AM and have a VERY large audience. many of which have absolutely no clue about cars. All they do is plug the hand held in, install tune and mash the gas pedal and want power. For those people, that is a good thing. Well to be honest, I'd still go with a canned COBB tune which is also very conservative but at least you would have a better serving hand held out of it.

The thing is, if what you want is a safe or conservative tune, I still have more faith in Adam @ Tune+. He knows how to get the most power out of the engine and still keep it very safe. I would say even safer than the stock tune from Ford but with more power. For example moving the torque curve and boost to avoid LSPI, shifting at more intelligent points because he does transmission tuning as well.

BrewCityBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BrewCityBOOST Mustang
I just installed a Bama tune on my EB manual. Frankly, I really can't tell any difference. Comments?
your not the only one. ive helped quite a few others who have bought Bama. i also tune with SCT and youve got the hardware already. go BCB and you'll be happy:cheers:

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I bought my hardware from Bama and got their tune for free. It is night and day when I switch between the bama tune and the custom dyno tune. Tried the Bama tune once and took it off after a couple of miles... Something has changed because I had their tune on my 2006 GT and it was strong.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
With all their money and connections I really don't understand how they can have this issue. They used to be in this forum a lot in 2014 and then one day they just stopped posting about their track times and tuning updates. They also had a turbo upgrade that never made it to production apparently

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
With all their money and connections I really don't understand how they can have this issue. They used to be in this forum a lot in 2014 and then one day they just stopped posting about their track times and tuning updates. They also had a turbo upgrade that never made it to production apparently
Didn't they offer tuning for the previous generation V6 engines too?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Didn't they offer tuning for the previous generation V6 engines too?
Yea I believe they still do. Guess they decided the V6 was no longer worth the investment

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Yea I believe they still do. Guess they decided the V6 was no longer worth the investment
They actually just released there tuning for the s550 v6. I seen a few people have tried it in the v6 forums and they said it needed work lol. To be fair I've had BAMA in the past and they did a good job then but like others have said they just aren't like they used to be.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
They actually just released there tuning for the s550 v6. I seen a few people have tried it in the v6 forums and they said it needed work lol. To be fair I've had BAMA in the past and they did a good job then but like others have said they just aren't like they used to be.
Again Bama was my first tune, no issues and I even talked to the guys there and said, you guys are getting killed by people on the forums. You should get on there and stick up for yourselves or call people out that are saying stuff. They weren't interested I guess.....

Sponsored

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I have a bama tune on my '16 ecoboost, and I have to say I like it pretty well. The 93 octane tune REALLY woke the car up. I wish some things were different about the tune, and I'm going to get in touch with them and see if they can and will adjust them. The two main things are that I'd like the transmission to shift much more firmly than it does, and I'd like to see if they can get me better interstate cruise fuel economy. They'll probably tell me to datalog, which is fine. I'm sure the bama tune is not as strong as one done on a dyno with my particular car, but I'm hoping that they can tweak it and make it stronger with help from datalogging.

JGato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Base Ecoboost
I have a bama tune on my '16 ecoboost, and I have to say I like it pretty well. The 93 octane tune REALLY woke the car up. I wish some things were different about the tune, and I'm going to get in touch with them and see if they can and will adjust them. The two main things are that I'd like the transmission to shift much more firmly than it does, and I'd like to see if they can get me better interstate cruise fuel economy. They'll probably tell me to datalog, which is fine. I'm sure the bama tune is not as strong as one done on a dyno with my particular car, but I'm hoping that they can tweak it and make it stronger with help from datalogging.
I really wish I had a chance to try the Bama tune. Tunes are one car only though.
Sponsored