Sponsored

Bad Tune?

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I recently ran into an issue when trying to get my car ready for emissions. The past few years I haven't needed to pass emissions so I ran catless longtubes. Now I need an emissions test so I installed some cats and loaded my emissions tune from Lund. The car feels like it runs well on the emissions tune but I'm seeing a number of codes (P0300, P0302, P0304, P0016). Sometimes this will trigger a check engine light, but not usually. The car doesn't feel like it's misfiring at all and my non emissions tune does not pop any codes. I've swapped plugs and coils to rule those out and it hasn't changed. Lund thinks it's odd but doesnt seem to know what is going on. I was about to just sell the car but I love it too much to just give up on it. I'm considering retuning with another company, I just need to pass emissions. I've tried crank relearn, didn't seem to help. I was down about 2 quarts of oil, added the difference and it took a little longer for the codes to return but not much. Anyone seen this before?

Car has an Edelbrock R2650, ID1050X, VORTECH BAP, Brisk RR12S, TSP longtube headers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
When a crank relearn is needed it will pop a P0315.
Also, you can have no CEL and still fail an inspection. Once they get your codes cleared, drive it for a few days, and then hook your car up to a scanner to check for any monitors that are not reset.

Last edited:

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the same scenario a while ago.
ALL of those codes disappeared when shifting to another tuner! Some tuners really appreciate taking the time reading the logs unlike others!
Still on revisions right now but no more hiccups, stall, Misfire...car drives like stock and pull insane.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can’t return the car to stock and use a stock tune?

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP

H00CH90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I got the same setup as you I don't have any problems
Lund tuned? I'm hoping it may be a bad VVT solenoid but I'm just getting started tracking down the problem.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lund tuned? I'm hoping it may be a bad VVT solenoid but I'm just getting started tracking down the problem.
Yes Lund tuned. What belt drive are you running.
Sponsored