Sponsored

Bad idle after tune installation

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Has anyone ever encountered bad idle after tuning? I installed a tune on my 2018 GT and I’ve been getting a jumpy idle when coming to a stop. It bounces within a few hundred rpm but it’s super annoying on an auto since the car will jerk back and fourth. Still trying to diagnose it with the tuner.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Strange? No, my idle from pump to e85 tune was always spot on.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Strange? No, my idle from pump to e85 tune was always spot on.
It’s very strange. I have a perfect idle standing but it will occasionally have that bouncy idle when coming to a stop from driving. It’s not all the time but when it happens in traffic, it’s annoying.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It’s very strange. I have a perfect idle standing but it will occasionally have that bouncy idle when coming to a stop from driving. It’s not all the time but when it happens in traffic, it’s annoying.
If the car is not stalling don’t sweat it.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have had a Lund tune for 93 only, Flex, and e85 race and all of them have idled perfectly. Its been tuned for about 8k miles most of which has been on e85.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Has anyone ever encountered bad idle after tuning? I installed a tune on my 2018 GT and I’ve been getting a jumpy idle when coming to a stop. It bounces within a few hundred rpm but it’s super annoying on an auto since the car will jerk back and fourth. Still trying to diagnose it with the tuner.
Yeah, my A10 with either E85 Flex/Race tunes does this exact thing, worked with my tuner for weeks, he chalked it up to a failing O2 sensor even though the car is 2 months old. I still get the problem and I have no answer either and it is frustrating as this did not occur with the stock tune

Edit: Do you have a Lund tune by chance?

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah, my A10 with either E85 Flex/Race tunes does this exact thing, worked with my tuner for weeks, he chalked it up to a failing O2 sensor even though the car is 2 months old. I still get the problem and I have no answer either and it is frustrating as this did not occur with the stock tune

Edit: Do you have a Lund tune by chance?
Yea it’s a Lund tune. I’m in the process now of draining the tank to put it back to stock to see if it occurs. I ran the 93 tune for a day and it didn’t occur. It started after e85. I got the same P0300 and P0316. Also keep getting P2097 and P2099. Did crank relearn, it helped for a day but not it’s back again. Did you ever try switching back to stock tune?

Who are you working with from Lund?

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea it’s a Lund tune. I’m in the process now of draining the tank to put it back to stock to see if it occurs. I ran the 93 tune for a day and it didn’t occur. It started after e85. Did you ever try switching back to stock tune?

Who are you working with from Lund?
I haven't gone back to 93 yet, just know it wasn't occurring before. And it's weird I notice some days it feels great and others it will surge at idle or idle higher than normal. I will be running it out and switching back tho, the erratic behavior is getting annoying.

Also, my tuner was/is Brandon

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I haven't gone back to 93 yet, just know it wasn't occurring before. And it's weird I notice some days it feels great and others it will surge at idle or idle higher than normal. I will be running it out and switching back tho, the erratic behavior is getting annoying.

Also, my tuner was/is Brandon
That’s my tuner as well but he told me my issue was the first he’s heard of.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s my tuner as well but he told me my issue was the first he’s heard of.
Well that's obvious horseshit lol. Its now you, me and 1 other person having these issues. Clearly there needs to be an investigation done with Lund, or we need someone else at Lund to assist us with our tunes

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well Brandon insists it's not the tune, but an O2 sensor. I just don't buy the fact it's happening to multiple cars after a tune. Now I got to attempt to have the dealership look at it, who are backlogged with cars into next week. I guess it could be a bad batch of O2 sensors and I could replace them I guess? Finding an up and downstream sensor for a 2018 GT is a pain though

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
That sucks guys, hope you get it sorted soon. Request that Lund Jr. have a look at a log.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sucks guys, hope you get it sorted soon. Request that Lund Jr. have a look at a log.
Brandon at Lund insisted our issues were mechanical in nature(cited O2 sensors specifically) and said to have Ford diagnose it. My nearest dealership is backed up for over a week so that sucks for me. I mentioned just purchasing the O2 sensors and replacing them but he said not to touch them until Ford looks at it. So now im stuck with a daily driver with possible bad O2 sensors I can't replace for a week. Ford also won't cover my rental for that whole time either

What a fucking nightmare this is

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
If you're on the flex tune, switch back to 93 then load your stock tune. If it is still happening on 93 with stock tune, then look into repair. I have Jon on my tunes.
Sponsored