Bad idle after tune installation

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I received a revision from Dakota that seems to be working. I’ve taken the car out 3 times and issue hasn’t come back. I’ll report back after some more miles see on the car. Cold starts sound significantly better also and it hasn’t thrown DTCs as it usually did.

Last edited:

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I received a revision from Dakota that seems to be working. I’ve taken the car out 3 times and issue hasn’t come back. I’ll report back after some more miles see on the car. Cold starts sound significantly better also and it hasn’t thrown DTCs as it usually did.
Wow, I'm still going through all this testing on the stock tunes for them, hopefully I get to this point soon

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How’s testing coming along?
Haven't had much of a chance to finish the logs as they have many steps and also involve a lot of waiting. I'll finish up this weekend. I might just ask for a refund and go with PBD to be honest, but I'm giving it one more try

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How’s testing coming along?
Haven't had much of a chance to finish the logs as they have many steps and also involve a lot of waiting. I'll finish up this weekend. I might just ask for a refund and go with PBD to be honest, but I'm giving it one more try

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You’d need a new Ngauge for a PBD tune.

I’m testing a new revision now which has the fuel trim adjusted and adaptive learning off. So far it’s doing ok. Hopefully this works.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No updates for me yet, I dont really have to time to do all my testing until the weekend. What is becoming worrying is there's more and more people coming out with these same issues or worse, see here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-gt-less-than-2000-miles-tuned-bad-idle.105224/

I'm beginning to realize that Lund may have been using canned tunes for many cars, instead of custom ones. Which may account for the tune issues we are seeing on certain cars.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I went through, changed target idle just to confirm that didn't mess with anything, and as suspected it didn't. I went through and found that the MAF calibration needed adjustment. The fuel trims at idle were way off, the idle would be horrible on both 93 octane and E85, corrected the MAF no issues anymore. I did however during recent WOT pulls see evidence that my driver side primary o2 sensor was cutting in and out, I ordered a replacement just to remove that abnormality. Strange that it would only cut out during a WOT pull, either way, no issues with the idle anymore even with the possible failing primary o2. If you guys want a great tune hit me up! Preaux Tuning!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
No updates for me yet, I dont really have to time to do all my testing until the weekend. What is becoming worrying is there's more and more people coming out with these same issues or worse, see here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-gt-less-than-2000-miles-tuned-bad-idle.105224/

I'm beginning to realize that Lund may have been using canned tunes for many cars, instead of custom ones. Which may account for the tune issues we are seeing on certain cars.
A lot of tuners do the same thing. They use tunes previously created and tested to work then adjust from there. Rarely do you have tuner create a tune for you from scratch remotely. It would take a lot of revisions.

Have Dakota help you out and send you a revision. Any of the basic tunes they send you will have the issue. They need to make revisions to the e85 tune.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
A lot of tuners do the same thing. They use tunes previously created and tested to work then adjust from there. Rarely do you have tuner create a tune for you from scratch remotely. It would take a lot of revisions..
This.

No email tuner is writing a from scratch "custom tune" for your car. They have a variety of base files that are then tweaked for your particular car, region, gas quality, etc.

Its a canned tune that is reviewed with perhaps minor tweaks or adjustments.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is that "idle hunt"?

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Been there, had that. It's still there but very very faint now. I notice it but maybe I'm just...
Mine was idle on brake. It would bounce ~500 - 1000 rpm. I thought for a moment that it could be a vacuum leak but it was after tuning.
Sponsored