Bad news Part2 (Farewell)

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
With an R, $10k ADM is a bargain. Unless you are best friends with the owner of a dealership, you'd be lucky to get a $10k ADM.
I figured the OP had an existing relationship with the dealership, may be wrong though. :shrug:
Sponsored

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
Sounds like it's time to grab the pitchforks. I feel your pain Grunholle. I had a dealer in my area [one I've done business with for years] pull similar crap with me. They kept moving the ball on "whether or now the dealership owner wanted to sell the car". They kept tweaking the ADM until it was entirely unreasonable and that's when I went and found another dealer.

In my case, I wasn't looking for an "R" though....so I was able to find another quality dealer to work with instead.

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
I've had no prior relationship with the dealership before this experience and the truth is, with the level of dishonestly they've demonstrated, I'd sooner not do business with them.

Obrien455

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Gt350 shadow black, stripe delete, tech packag
I took my car in for first service to spradley barr ford lincoln in fort collins (about 30 mins from cheyenne) and those dumb f$&#s only put nine quarts of oil in my car and spilled oil all over the engine and side of car. VERY rude to my wife as well!! Gave them a horrible survey when ford corporate called to see how our visit was. Got another call two weeks later saying they would like to earn our business back and our survey was the nail in the coffin for service manager and was no longer employed there. Never go anywhere with spradley barr name again! Horrible people!!

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I took my car in for first service to spradley barr ford lincoln in fort collins (about 30 mins from cheyenne) and those dumb f$&#s only put nine quarts of oil in my car and spilled oil all over the engine and side of car. VERY rude to my wife as well!! Gave them a horrible survey when ford corporate called to see how our visit was. Got another call two weeks later saying they would like to earn our business back and our survey was the nail in the coffin for service manager and was no longer employed there. Never go anywhere with spradley barr name again! Horrible people!!
Sadly, yours is not the first 350 to have this type of experience. Luckily, I already had previous knowledge of the 4 dealerships near me and their pathetic, high volume service departments. There's no way in hell my car will ever see a Ford Service drive, unless I need warranty work or suffer catastrophic engine failure. It's pretty sad when you can't trust a dealer to handle even the most basic of all service procedures.

It's ironic, that during the closing part of your initial car purchase, every single dealer sings the same song about wanting to have a "relationship" with every new owner, not just a one and done sales transaction. Assholes.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sadly, yours is not the first 350 to have this type of experience. Luckily, I already had previous knowledge of the 4 dealerships near me and their pathetic, high volume service departments. There's no way in hell my car will ever see a Ford Service drive, unless I need warranty work or suffer catastrophic engine failure. It's pretty sad when you can't trust a dealer to handle even the most basic of all service.
:tsk:

Same here, don't trust the Ford dealer won't use cheaper oil in the car to save a few bucks. I buy the Ford stuff and have my Indy document what's going into it and to do the work. They even take the time to not spill it all over the belly pan.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I would contact Ford corporate and name the dealer in your complaint. Nothing to lose at this point. Dealers can get their butt in a sling with corporate when they do this kind of crap. I remember hearing about some Toyota dealers selling Scions, who were marking up cars that were supposed to be a fixed price. When they were found out, those dealers got their Scion franchise pulled.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Guess someone didn't like seeing Mike from his LinkedIn profile..
After reading some of the online reviews it looks like they bait and switch and lot of people. Looks like service reviews are not the greatest either. Looks like lying to their customers is routine there.

What is the latest on your situation? Or did you really just give up on it?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nothing else said? I hope you can still get it and if nothing else ford yank that allocation from them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
What is the latest on your situation? Or did you really just give up on it?
They won't sell me the R so I'll be taking my complaint to Ford, Yelp, BBB, etc.

I've reached my breaking point and fed up with Ford dealers with their shady sales tactics and in some cases, just plain ignorance.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Pretty shady business. It sounds like the owner has decided to keep it for a friend, family member or himself. Without slandering, or posting things that are not the truth, I would definately put some fire under their ass online. If they have social media, tagged them, question them, make your inconvenience visible to others. Nothing is worse than horrible PR on social media that picks up enough attention to go viral. This is good of a enough story to make it to Jalopnik on a slow day if they continue to not follow through.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They won't sell me the R so I'll be taking my complaint to Ford, Yelp, BBB, etc.

I've reached my breaking point and fed up with Ford dealers with their shady sales tactics and in some cases, just plain ignorance.
Good idea...
Hopefully they lose customers from this...

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
This is good of a enough story to make it to Jalopnik on a slow day if they continue to not follow through.
Good idea...
Not really - stuff like this happens every day across the country. It's much better to focus the efforts quietly and forcefully behind the scenes, which has always worked for me. Publicly slandering someone will get you nothing but trouble; people have been sued (and lost) for what they've posted about companies, and there's a significant movement by businesses to defend themselves now.
Sponsored