Sponsored

Bad idle after tune installation

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Damn, hopefully there is something that way we can clear this up.

Just going through the motions with him now. He’s been helpful and responsive, so let’s see how it goes next time around on e85.

If it doesn’t get fixed next time around, i was thinking of trying PBD.
Any updates?
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday I drained the tank completely and pumped 93. Loaded the stock tune and car drives just like stock. But I can def feel the difference the tune made. I def need e85 in my life!

I did notice the stock tune idle is in the 650 range and all the tunes were in the 760 range.
Any updates? I tried running the tank out, going back to 93 stock tune, which got rid of my issues. Went back to e85, problems returned. I'm going back to 93 and staying there, Ford service center here was also useless. Since the car doesn't have any of the symptoms the moment i put it back to stock, they cant find anything.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Any updates? I tried running the tank out, going back to 93 stock tune, which got rid of my issues. Went back to e85, problems returned. I'm going back to 93 and staying there, Ford service center here was also useless. Since the car doesn't have any of the symptoms the moment i put it back to stock, they cant find anything.
Halfway through my last tank of 93. Did you put back the same e85 tune? He sent me another e85 tune to try.

Did you get back to them with Fords results? Try escalating to Jon Lund to see if he can do anything.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Halfway through my last tank of 93. Did you put back the same e85 tune? He sent me another e85 tune to try.

Did you get back to them with Fords results? Try escalating to Jon Lund to see if he can do anything.
I sent him everything I say here. Last time he just refused until I put everything back to stock and have Ford check it first. I updated him so hopefully I get somewhere. I never got a single tune revision the whole time, still using the Flex and Race tunes that were provided to me

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be doing more testing and logs this week, so the saga continues. I thankfully have a free rental(loaner from Hyundai since they sold me an unsafe 2nd car, long story) so the Mustang has pretty much sat, other than me turning it on to get it up to temperature every 2 days.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Going to be doing more testing and logs this week, so the saga continues. I thankfully have a free rental(loaner from Hyundai since they sold me an unsafe 2nd car, long story) so the Mustang has pretty much sat, other than me turning it on to get it up to temperature every 2 days.
You received the revisions? You’ll prob start testing before I do since I’m still burning this 93 tank.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I am a tuner, and I am experiencing the same issues. I am toying with a few different things, I will let you guys know what I find. I notice the car only does it on ethanol blends or full e85, seemed to point towards the Flex Fuel tune as those and the 2018 Mustang don't seem to work as well as the previous 15-17 cars. I have long tubes and PMAS currently, reviewing the MAF data and will get back. My car only has 6k miles on it, no way it's failing o2s, that's a bunch of BS.

Kris

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a tuner, and I am experiencing the same issues. I am toying with a few different things, I will let you guys know what I find. I notice the car only does it on ethanol blends or full e85, seemed to point towards the Flex Fuel tune as those and the 2018 Mustang don't seem to work as well as the previous 15-17 cars. I have long tubes and PMAS currently, reviewing the MAF data and will get back. My car only has 6k miles on it, no way it's failing o2s, that's a bunch of BS.

Kris
Oh I know it's not the O2 sensor, I'm going through the motions with them because they probably realize there IS something up with the 2018 A10 Lund tunes but not many are speaking up, and just probably factoring it in as 'normal for E85'. Hopefully with me and Myshelby helping them with heaps of logs we can be the pioneers to help them make something more stable.

Keep me updated. I'll be switching back to 93 after I drive to work this morning. God I dread even turning my car on or driving it, it's awful at idle!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Oh I know it's not the O2 sensor, I'm going through the motions with them because they probably realize there IS something up with the 2018 A10 Lund tunes but not many are speaking up, and just probably factoring it in as 'normal for E85'. Hopefully with me and Myshelby helping them with heaps of logs we can be the pioneers to help them make something more stable.

Keep me updated. I'll be switching back to 93 after I drive to work this morning. God I dread even turning my car on or driving it, it's awful at idle!
Loaded up the new tune and no change. Still that bad idle. When I load the tunes the car is fine on the first test spin then when I drive it again it starts acting up.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loaded up the new tune and no change. Still that bad idle. When I load the tunes the car is fine on the first test spin then when I drive it again it starts acting up.
Oh your revised e85 tune you mean? Are you back on e85 or a blend?

I just put 93 back in, drove 60 miles and made sure all e85 was completely gone(still on Flex tune). The moment it learned 93 the car immediately started feeling better at lower speeds. I’m switching it to the 93 tune this morning before work and will do Lund’s requested tests before doing the same on the stock tune.

I have a feeling Ford may have done a slight revision with 2018s, when was yours manufactured? Mine was March 2018

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
That is really strange guys. Your both N gauge Lund tuned...? Can you take vid of this bad idle? Be curious to see what this exactly looks like.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is really strange guys. Your both N gauge Lund tuned...? Can you take vid of this bad idle? Be curious to see what this exactly looks like.
I’m back on 93 now so mine is gone, I will when I’m back on e85 if it does it again

Edit: Yes, all 3 of us now are Lund tuned, with 2018s with A10s. Something is definitely not right, hopefully more speak up!

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Oh your revised e85 tune you mean? Are you back on e85 or a blend?

I just put 93 back in, drove 60 miles and made sure all e85 was completely gone(still on Flex tune). The moment it learned 93 the car immediately started feeling better at lower speeds. I’m switching it to the 93 tune this morning before work and will do Lund’s requested tests before doing the same on the stock tune.

I have a feeling Ford may have done a slight revision with 2018s, when was yours manufactured? Mine was March 2018
Yea th revised e85 tune. On full e85. What’s tests are they having u do? Mine may be March as well but not 100%, have to look.
Sponsored