Sponsored

Bad idle after tune installation

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Brandon at Lund insisted our issues were mechanical in nature(cited O2 sensors specifically) and said to have Ford diagnose it. My nearest dealership is backed up for over a week so that sucks for me. I mentioned just purchasing the O2 sensors and replacing them but he said not to touch them until Ford looks at it. So now im stuck with a daily driver with possible bad O2 sensors I can't replace for a week. Ford also won't cover my rental for that whole time either

What a fucking nightmare this is
Well, if it stops on stock tune or 93 it is obviously issue with corn tune. That low of miles for O2 to go out is a little hum...?
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Yeah I did that, even disconnected the battery for 30 min and reloaded the tune. Did a crank relearn as well, this was all by direction of my tuner. It worked for a little bit but then all the problems I had yesterday solidified it's an issue with the tune. I don't buy that multiple people with 2018s and A10s having the same EXACT issues while tuned all have O2 sensor problems on new cars?

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yesterday I drained the tank completely and pumped 93. Loaded the stock tune and car drives just like stock. But I can def feel the difference the tune made. I def need e85 in my life!

I did notice the stock tune idle is in the 650 range and all the tunes were in the 760 range.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You know you can change the idle with your BDX. Or does Lund lock down making any changes?

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah, on Torrie’s tunes just right after you select the tune it gives you an option to make more adjustments if need be. I usually just skip it. Interesting...

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Lund refused to help me until ford looks at my issue. I have returned my car back to stock and the problem went away. The OP has done the same and his issues have also vanished. The nGauge tuner is an $800 paperweight until there's a fix or something

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Nope. Lund refused to help me until ford looks at my issue. I have returned my car back to stock and the problem went away. The OP has done the same and his issues have also vanished. The nGauge tuner is an $800 paperweight until there's a fix or something
Oh NGauge...

So you go stock tune and it stops, but Lund wants you to take car to Ford?? F that.

Get a BDX so you can actually change tuners if you ever want too. That was my biggest turn off to that product. Sorry to hear this turned into Tuning Nightmare...

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Bump. You all get your idle/tuning sorted out?
Still diagnosing. Loaded a 93 tune that’s working fine so far. Going to run this for 2 tanks to make sure all is good then give e85 another go.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Oh NGauge...

So you go stock tune and it stops, but Lund wants you to take car to Ford?? F that.

Get a BDX so you can actually change tuners if you ever want too. That was my biggest turn off to that product. Sorry to hear this turned into Tuning Nightmare...
The HPtuner version of Ngauge is unlocked and open to all tuners.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What are you suppose to tell the dealer when you take it in if it’s running fine??

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you suppose to tell the dealer when you take it in if it’s running fine??
Fuck if I know, i told them I got a "slow O2 sensor response and occasional surging idle issue". They asked if it stalled or threw a code, I said 'no, but it did have the code in memory'. All they said was they could look at it but they are backed up for the next 7 days. They wont find anything and I'll be back to square one again lol. Did you have any luck getting someone else other than Brandon to assist you? I hate to say it but maybe I need to work with someone else.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Fuck if I know, i told them I got a "slow O2 sensor response and occasional surging idle issue". They asked if it stalled or threw a code, I said 'no, but it did have the code in memory'. All they said was they could look at it but they are backed up for the next 7 days. They wont find anything and I'll be back to square one again lol. Did you have any luck getting someone else other than Brandon to assist you? I hate to say it but maybe I need to work with someone else.
Damn, hopefully there is something that way we can clear this up.

Just going through the motions with him now. He’s been helpful and responsive, so let’s see how it goes next time around on e85.

If it doesn’t get fixed next time around, i was thinking of trying PBD.
Sponsored