Bad gasoline?

Ecoboomed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
So I’ve been using Shell v power 93 for a whole year ever since I got my ecoboost. Was running low on gas and wasn’t in a familiar area so I stopped at the first Wawa I saw and put in a full tank of 93. My cars performance took a big old crap. I’m running the Cobb stage 1 tune and my accessport is showing pretty trash estimated torque, hp, and boost. I’ve checked to see if I’m throwing any codes or something isn’t hooked up right under the hood. Everything seems normal. Could this just be some bad gas I got?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wawa gas is garbage.. Sunoco is the gas you want. Ever use the gas buddy app?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking ................................ car running normal and went low on fuel ................... after adding fuel WAWA best premium ....................... car ran like shit ....................

Pretty good chance it's a fuel problem, I'd say. I'm surprised it is even a question.

I had the opposite happen to me. Been using BP forever cause I had it in my mind. Behind the logo lived AMACO white.

Running low, no BP is range, the car I was driving will not run on shit gas. Found a Chevron station, top the HotRod off.

Long story short, shit canned the DP card, applied for the Standard, Mustang likes it too.

Not tried the new Sunoco, do miss the 260 .

Last edited:

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I’ve been using Shell v power 93 for a whole year ever since I got my ecoboost. Was running low on gas and wasn’t in a familiar area so I stopped at the first Wawa I saw and put in a full tank of 93. My cars performance took a big old crap. I’m running the Cobb stage 1 tune and my accessport is showing pretty trash estimated torque, hp, and boost. I’ve checked to see if I’m throwing any codes or something isn’t hooked up right under the hood. Everything seems normal. Could this just be some bad gas I got?
if its running real bad tell the store you bought it from. Trust me theyll be thankful. Usually there tanks at the gas station could have water inside them or just something wrong with it. You may have gotten away lucky with just a rough tank of gas. Also wawa gas isnt particularly "bad" majority of the time its the same gas that is at sunoco shell ect. is sold to wawa.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
if its running real bad tell the store you bought it from. Trust me theyll be thankful. Usually there tanks at the gas station could have water inside them or just something wrong with it. You may have gotten away lucky with just a rough tank of gas. Also wawa gas isnt particularly "bad" majority of the time its the same gas that is at sunoco shell ect. is sold to wawa.
Totally agree. If it was bad gas I’m guessing you wouldn’t be the first to complain. I used WAWA for years when I lived in NJ. Never had an issue. Used to see the same truck deliver to many different name brand stations.

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2004 gto
Most gas comes from the same place, the difference is the additive that is put in when the delivery driver selects the station it's going to.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
My wife puts 93 at Wawa and shes never had an issue. She has a Lexus IS300 which if you dont use premium car runs and sounds like shit

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
also keep in mind you are getting premium gas and if its from a station that isnt busy the gas could have sat there for some time. or there is trash in their tanks or maybe ground water got in. there are many factors. at the end of the day gas is gas only difference is what additives (which are cleaners not performance boosters) and if the station you use turns over tanks of gas rapidly. when travling i try to find name brand gas but any gas station right off an interstate exit that is a busy exit should go through gas fairly fast and always have fresh gas. There is always a slight chance they were filled with wrong gas octane. it does happen more then you think. you pump 93 but the delivery guy filled it the main tank with 87. try some octane boost.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
also keep in mind you are getting premium gas and if its from a station that isnt busy the gas could have sat there for some time. or there is trash in their tanks or maybe ground water got in. there are many factors. at the end of the day gas is gas only difference is what additives (which are cleaners not performance boosters) and if the station you use turns over tanks of gas rapidly. when travling i try to find name brand gas but any gas station right off an interstate exit that is a busy exit should go through gas fairly fast and always have fresh gas. There is always a slight chance they were filled with wrong gas octane. it does happen more then you think. you pump 93 but the delivery guy filled it the main tank with 87. try some octane boost.
Wawa’s are always busy and turn their tanks faster than anyone except possibly Costco. People seek them out because they are always a few cents cheaper than the competition and they make great hoagies. Now could they have accidentally put the wrong gas in the station tank? Possible but not likely.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Wa wa wa what's a Wawa?
East coast thing?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Wawa’s are always busy and turn their tanks faster than anyone except possibly Costco. People seek them out because they are always a few cents cheaper than the competition and they make great hoagies. Now could they have accidentally put the wrong gas in the station tank? Possible but not likely.
Hey now you are from SC I see reports all the time from greenville of stations with wrong gas in main tanks. They had one not long ago that trashed like 30 cars before they turned pumps off. I dont know what a wawa is so Ill take your word for it :) but anyone with fuel and hoagies im in.

Here check this out https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/watered-down-gas-way-more-common-you-may-think-n776016

and this, sorry for the long link but thats a google search wrong gas delivered to gas stations is more common then you think. and thats just the ones that make the news. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwj8r5bF1M3rAhUD01kKHUeCCTIQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Wa wa wa what's a Wawa?
East coast thing?
Convenience store like a 7/11. You can get gas for your car and belly. ;)

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I spoke to a fuel truck driver once and he told me mix-ups happen from time to time at the station. This is why I watch KR on my ngauge like a hawk when stepping on it for the first time after every new tank

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Wa wa wa what's a Wawa?
East coast thing?
Oh you poor poor thing. You don’t know what a Wawa is. Only kidding. It’s an institution in the Mid Atlantic states. I almost died when they opened one when I lived in Central NJ.

upload_2020-9-3_15-7-2.jpeg

I really miss Hoagiefest.

upload_2020-9-3_15-8-50.png
Sponsored