Backup Camera Stopped Working

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
My back up camera has been acting up occasionally for months. My car is part of the door latch recall so I figure I'll drop it off for both at once in the spring.
Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Well i just noticed that my satellite antenna has now failed as well and am wondering if it's related to this camera problem.

:mad:

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
taking mine in next week for intermittent camera issues. Doh! We should be reimbursed for our gas. All these stupid little issues cost us time and money.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Add mine to the list of failed BUC's, just happened.

When I put the vehicle in reverse, I don't get any camera image or any error messages at all. For instance if the radio is on, car is out into reverse, there is no change in the display at all.

I bought this S550 brand new in Dec 2015 and honestly, the manufacturing quality of the vehicle and the vendor supplied parts used in these S550's is pure shit.

Too many issues with too many components of the vehicle and now yet again I have to deal with another visit to the Ford Service Center for this failed BUC.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Just started having issues with my camera as well...have also noticed that I am constantly running at 14 volts on my gauge. This just started less than a week ago. Made an appointment with Ford for this Friday and hope it will be fixed. Definitely sounds like an electrical short.

Sponsored

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
my back up camera intermittently stops working also. I took it in once and of course it started working and they 'couldn't recreate the problem'. It's since done it a few more times, so I've just stopped using it all together. I only have the base model, so the screen isn't that big for me to look out anyway. Hopefully they can figure out whats up so you can let us know!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My update:

Car was dropped at Dealer 11/07 to have BUC and other issues corrected.

Informed today 11/09 that the Service Center needed to order a new BUC.

So are we going to have to replace these BUCs every so many months due to inferior parts quality? Seriously?

ASLGiddyUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Prem Conv
Add mine to the list of failed BUC's, just happened.

When I put the vehicle in reverse, I don't get any camera image or any error messages at all. For instance if the radio is on, car is out into reverse, there is no change in the display at all.

I bought this S550 brand new in Dec 2015 and honestly, the manufacturing quality of the vehicle and the vendor supplied parts used in these S550's is pure shit.

Too many issues with too many components of the vehicle and now yet again I have to deal with another visit to the Ford Service Center for this failed BUC.
Curious if you were able to get this fixed and if yes what was done to remedy the issue.
I just bought a 2016 EB Prem Conv and have the exact problem you described. Someone previously tried to fix the wiring harness. The job looks clean as if an electrician did the work. The back up light does illuminate. The fuse # 66 (Blind spot information system. Rear view camera. Air conditioning compressor relay coils.) was blown and I replaced it but still no back up camera. I have not yet checked for voltage at the camera and I have not yet replaced the camera either.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
There is now a recall for BUC camera harness, however, like the door lock issue, parts are in short supply.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Curious if you were able to get this fixed and if yes what was done to remedy the issue.
I just bought a 2016 EB Prem Conv and have the exact problem you described. Someone previously tried to fix the wiring harness. The job looks clean as if an electrician did the work. The back up light does illuminate. The fuse # 66 (Blind spot information system. Rear view camera. Air conditioning compressor relay coils.) was blown and I replaced it but still no back up camera. I have not yet checked for voltage at the camera and I have not yet replaced the camera either.
Welcome to the forum @ASLGiddyUp. Just FYI, you resurrected a 5 1/2 year old thread. A lot has happened since then.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ecalled-for-faulty-backup-camera-a8174447184/
Sponsored