Sponsored

Radio stopped working?

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
So I've had the car for about 2 months now. I get in today for my drive to work which is 30 minutes long, and go to turn on my jams :headbang: and nothing. No sound, no options, no nothing. It was as if the radio was off. Weird, because I never turn it off - okay, I'll just turn it on! Nope!

After pressing a bunch of buttons, I got nowhere. Nothing came on, couldn't get the radio on, couldn't get it to recognize my iPhone through bluetooth - nothing.

The clock and temperture are correct,

Couldn't get into any other menus either - I press the buttons and nothing. The only options I got were "clock settings".

A quick Google search pretty much told me that this happens to people all the time in Fords - only fix I found so far is to just leave it be - the car will magically fix itself.

Has anyone else had this problem on the Mustang???
Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Yup. Only happened once so far, but it was out for about 18 hours. Weird.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
This has happened to me 3 times, it is super random. After awhile it will just randomly start working again. Sucked the 2nd time I was on. a 45 min trip with no music. Dealership said nothing wrong and wouldnt replace anything because they couldn't replicate it.

OP
OP
RemoteSenses

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
This has happened to me 3 times, it is super random. After awhile it will just randomly start working again. Sucked the 2nd time I was on. a 45 min trip with no music. Dealership said nothing wrong and wouldnt replace anything because they couldn't replicate it.
Ugh. Yeah, I drive 30 minutes one way to work so I feel ya there.

I'm just trying to figure out what could be triggering it or if it's just completely random.

Only thing I can think of is that it rained pretty hard last night and this morning it wasn't working.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RemoteSenses

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
It happened once for me. The next time I started the car it worked fine.
I actually just went out to my car for a minute to take a break.

Sure enough, radio is working fine now....

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I think it has to do with sync and your phone. Next time it happens (hopefully it doesn't) shut your phone off before you get in your car and start it up.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Yea like I said it is random I have drove to. Gas station turn off the radio shut off car go in and come right back out and it not work. I have not had my phone connect any of the times this has happened. What is odd is the last time I ejected the CD and put one in and it started playing display never changed but the steering wheel controls would work. However when I shut the car off and got out radio kept playing. Had to pull the fusr

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Yes I had the same problem 1 time.Turned the car off and back on and has been fine since.

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
I had the same issue. Stopped working for about an hour, then i went to lunch and got back into the car and the radio was fine.
Sponsored