Sponsored

Back to track,not even one pass.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well went to private track day with the 4.5 pulley on my d1 and very first pass trans broke on the 3/4 shift.I think the the planetary broke.Car would not even move and was very hard to push wanting to lock at certain points.Well time for built trans now.Would have been to nice to get atleast one pass lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Thanks man,it was going to need to be rebuilt sooner or later,my car was with that pulley was putting down well over 800 whp.So it was a matter of time.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
That sucks man!

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
That sucks man!
Yea i knew i was pushing it on a stock trans.If it is the planetary i though they held up a little better at 800 whp.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its always something. Sorry to hear it let go.

Reactions: A7X

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yea i knew i was pushing it on a stock trans.If it is the planetary i though they held up a little better at 800 whp.
Ya me and you prob pretty similar power. Jon jr told me I shouldn't really have to worry about the trans yet... But you have a lot more passes on it than I do. Hopefully I can get through this season and build the trans next winter.

What sucks is other than 4r200 there isn't anything to upgrade the planetary. I guess there is a few billet planetaries but hella expensive on top of clutches and intermediate.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Sucks man. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it wasn’t planetary. I hate to think that will be an issue at 800-850whp. Maybe intermediate shaft.
Thanks man yea usually when the intermediate shaft breaks u usually still have 1st gear to move the car.My car has about 50 passes on it and i too thought the planetary was strong enough for my power.Will keep you guys posted after i pull it and get it opened up.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Ya me and you prob pretty similar power. Jon jr told me I shouldn't really have to worry about the trans yet... But you have a lot more passes on it than I do. Hopefully I can get through this season and build the trans next winter.

What sucks is other than 4r200 there isn't anything to upgrade the planetary. I guess there is a few billet planetaries but hella expensive on top of clutches and intermediate.
Yea man planetary for these is $1500 just for planetary.Maybe it wont be but i dont see anything elese breaking that would make the car not move at all and want to kind of lock when pushing the car in neutral.Usually when planetary breaks u get codes or wrench which i got neither.Well will no more when i get it on a lift and taken out.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Not making any noises? Only symptom is not moving forward or back?
Nah you can here some clunking when we were pushing it.Car also felt really hard to push even being in neutral.The rear axles are find.Maybe and this is very slight chance the drive shaft could have broke,i did not see anything leading me this way though.Plus is driveshaft was broke i would think it would move pretty easily.