Aux Fuel Kit

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Alright boys Ive been having a shit ton of fun with my pro-tune full bolt on but I really want to see what this baby can do with e85 so if you are running an aux fuel kit or have heard which one is "the best" I would greatly appreciate any advice thanks!
Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Alright boys Ive been having a shit ton of fun with my pro-tune full bolt on but I really want to see what this baby can do with e85 so if you are running an aux fuel kit or have heard which one is "the best" I would greatly appreciate any advice thanks!
Talk with your tuner and ask him if he sells a kit, if he does buy it from him, all the kits are basically the same , the difference will come from the support the seller gives you.

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
I used tune plus e85 kit which it looks like they no longer sell. Like said before they are all the same ,they all seem to use the same parts it is a decent gain from 93 gas. One of the best mods you can do as long as the e85 is easily accessible.

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Why is nobody looking at simply changing the HP fuel injector pump to the Livernois one and running bigger DI injectors for E85? I will say I think the bigger Livernois fuel injector pump is overpriced.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Why is nobody looking at simply changing the HP fuel injector pump to the Livernois one and running bigger DI injectors for E85? I will say I think the bigger Livernois fuel injector pump is overpriced.
I received ordered the Xtereme-DI Evo pump. Will post results here once installed and tuned on it.

Sponsored

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
$1399 for Xtreme vs $1599 for Livernois. Nice.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Installed Xtreme-DI Evo today and uploaded the base 91 Oct tune for it. Once that's finalized, it'll be 91 Oct + WMI, followed by E85, so it'll be a few weeks before I can realize the benefit from it.

It didn't come with an install guide and I couldn't find one online for Mustangs, so I referenced one for Focus RS. Only useful info I got out of the RS guide is clocking/bolting the pump and torque values. Fortunately, swapping HPFP's a pretty straightforward process and there are less steps involved for the Mustang compared to the RS due to easy accessible. The hardest part was gently bending the metal high-pressure fuel line to fit the new pump as it was almost 1" off compared to the stock pump. Idle test and a short drive didn't show any leaks, so I'll proceed with datalogging for the 91 Oct tune this weekend.

Evo kit:
Pump
Pump harness extension (the socket's on the other side of the pump compared to the OEM one)
4 bolts
Shorter low pressure fuel line with the pressure sensor

Tools used:
5mm Allen drive (for Evo pump mount to the block)
3/16" Allen drive (for Evo pump to the pump mount)
8mm socket (for OEM pump to the block)
10mm socket (for bracket around the OEM pump)
17mm socket (for turning the crank until fuel pump lobe on the cam's at its lowest position)
17mm combo or flare nut wrench (for removing the hard high-pressure fuel line)
Fuel line disconnect tool (for removing the low pressure fuel hose by the firewall)
Trim removal tool (handy for removing various line holders)

The kit's low-pressure fuel line's on the right side. It's shorter to accommodate for the fuel inlet location of the new pump. It came with the old style sensor that's known to be unreliable. I previously swapped to the new style, so I just swapped the senor over from the old fuel line.
20200626_221157.jpg

This is the pump as installed.
20200626_224026.jpg

Last edited:

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Finished the 91 oct, 91 oct + WMI, and E85 tuning process with the Xtreme-DI Evo pump. It's a little bit the lean side with E85 on stock injectors during the datalog runs but otherwise runs strong. I imagine E50 will be fine, but I'm going with XDI-2000 injectors as I plan on upgrading the turbo (currently on VS2+) and getting a built motor in the future.

On the fuel side, it's incredible how knock resistant E85 is. The charge temp goes as high as a little over 150 degrees during stop and go traffic when driving in 110+ degree weather with A/C on, but I'm not seeing any negative ignition corrections even when I get on it. I normally see random negative ignition corrections here and there during the summer with 91 oct. And per "LTT Torque Final (ft lbs)" logged tunning datalog runs, I see close to 20 higher at the peak with charge temps over 100 degrees during summer morning runs with E85 vs. ~55 degrees charge temps during winter morning runs with 91 oct + WMI.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Finished the 91 oct, 91 oct + WMI, and E85 tuning process with the Xtreme-DI Evo pump. It's a little bit the lean side with E85 on stock injectors during the datalog runs but otherwise runs strong. I imagine E50 will be fine, but I'm going with XDI-2000 injectors as I plan on upgrading the turbo (currently on VS2+) and getting a built motor in the future.

On the fuel side, it's incredible how knock resistant E85 is. The charge temp goes as high as a little over 150 degrees during stop and go traffic when driving in 110+ degree weather with A/C on, but I'm not seeing any negative ignition corrections even when I get on it. I normally see random negative ignition corrections here and there during the summer with 91 oct. And per "LTT Torque Final (ft lbs)" logged tunning datalog runs, I see close to 20 higher at the peak with charge temps over 100 degrees during summer morning runs with E85 vs. ~55 degrees charge temps during winter morning runs with 91 oct + WMI.
Sometimes I do an e30 mix just to mess around when I go to meets but it sounds like its the play and looks like a relatively easy install, I appreciate the effort you put in to this though man you sold me lol. I'm buying my nx2 turbo first as I want a twin scroll turbo then I'll move to e85. It's a shame we got a weak block or else it would've been sick to see the full potential.

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Okay, it sounds like you can run E85 with stock injectors if you do not upgrade the turbo. This sounds like a $2k slam dunk for anyone who wants to run E85. Good info on less carbon build-up on the valves. Makes sense. Really sounds like E85 is the way to go.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Okay, it sounds like you can run E85 with stock injectors if you do not upgrade the turbo. This sounds like a $2k slam dunk for anyone who wants to run E85. Good info on less carbon build-up on the valves. Makes sense. Really sounds like E85 is the way to go.
I believe E50's plenty for stock block levels (do check with your tuner, I went with Tune+ with good results so far) so that may be a safer route if you plan on sticking with stock injectors.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I believe E50's plenty for stock block levels (do check with your tuner, I went with Tune+ with good results so far) so that may be a safer route if you plan on sticking with stock injectors.
Found the below statement on Xtreme-DI's Facebook page. Sounds like stock injectors are enough with E50 to hit the stock block limits.

Man that Ecostang liked our brand new XDI-EVO pump !!

477whp/489wtq

XDI 35 Evo Fuel pump with E50
NX2 Turbocharger
Stock motor, 100k miles
CV Fab Race intercooler
Turbosmart wastegate actuator
4 bar map sensor
3" Exhaust
PD Tuning custom tune

#XDIarmy #XDIEVO #DIonly #DImakesmorepower

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
XDI2050 injectors finally arrived today! XDIs are on the left and OEMs are on the right in the pictures. They look about the same from the side and nozzle views, but XDI’s inlet is definitely bigger. The fourth picture shows XDIs mounted on the fuel rail, ready to install.

None of the OEM injectors were stuck to the head as they all popped out along with the fuel rail. If any of them were stuck, the injector puller (cheaper Chinese copy) would’ve worked as shown tested on an injector in the last picture.

Log comparison

Final tune with XDI-EVO pump and OEM injectors with E85 fuel at ~6K RPM:

Boost pressure: 26.01
AFR: 14.26
FRP: 2834
STFT(%): 8.59

Looks like OEM injectors can’t flow enough at high RPMs as AFR was on the lean side. STFT(%) was positive, so I believe the ECU tried adding more fuel without luck, even though the FRP was good. However, the car felt fine during the pull and I didn’t notice any knocks or negative ignition corrections, but the tuner advised against pushing it until the injector upgrade.

Base tune with XDI-EVO pump and XDI2000 injectors with E85 fuel at ~6K RPM:

Boost pressure: 26.18
AFR: 11.61
FRP: 2825
STFT(%): -11.72

20200922_205325.jpg

20200922_205318.jpg

20200922_205308.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: