Sponsored

Aux Fuel Kit

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
Bigger turbo will help with exhaust flow and reversion (head lift) however stock head gasket and bolts are iffy. The stock open deck block, with upgraded rods/pistons, stock head blots, cam with upgraded valve springs RS head gasket is 500whp capable all day with proper fueling and octane.
I would cap the stock bottom end at 425-450 whp with PERFECT fuel and aggressive tuning. However, 400 whp is safe imo.
Been there done that lol..
It is clear that lspi SN oil was causing ecobooms. The new SN+ with calcium removed is the new norm to help prevent booms in GDI turbo charged low displacement engines. Obviously, stay on top of tune uos and if something don't feel right, GET OUT of it.

My motor survived and will be getting a few upgrades. :)
Sponsored

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
Might just be rotten luck tbh! An ecoboost where I live in Florida pushed 540 whp with the comp 5858 turbo and a hpfp on e40 on stock block. I have heard other rumors that the head gasket tends to fail first with huge power gains.

You're probably talking about the car in this video. It has a fully built bottom end.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for the tip. Last time I filled up on coolant was a few years ago when I upgraded the turbo. I added a little this morning to get it flush with the max line and will observe. Didn't see anything anything usual the last time I pulled the plugs, and didn't see any noticeable oil consumption between oil changes, either.
Just a quick update. Coolant level looks OK so far. Try straight E85+ as a test and had hard time starting during cold mornings, adding a couple gallons of regular gas helped.

While I'm not completely ruling out the gasket leak will continue to monitor, I'm leaning forward too high of E content and low temperature at this time.
Sponsored