MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Hello All,
I have only 350 miles with my mustang gt and i have the same problem.
I went back to the dealer and the engineer told me that "its normal and the adaptive transmission " will eventually "adapt". So let's wait a little. Of course, i don't want to go more than 300rpm but im trying the sport mode from time to time.
Anyway, it is disturbing when it shifts from 3rd to 4th.
So they can set the adaptive trans-learn mode when the car is new. If someone has test driven the shit out of it and hammered it that is what it adapts to. Ask Ford to reset it and follow their instructions during your break-in period.
Sponsored

gpap1266

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So they can set the adaptive trans-learn mode when the car is new. If someone has test driven the shit out of it and hammered it that is what it adapts to. Ask Ford to reset it and follow their instructions during your break-in period.

when i bought it had only 6 miles on it, but as you said maybe, someone "test drive" it.
I will ask the dealer. Thank you very much for the response.

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Hello All,
I have only 350 miles with my mustang gt and i have the same problem.
I went back to the dealer and the engineer told me that "its normal and the adaptive transmission " will eventually "adapt". So let's wait a little. Of course, i don't want to go more than 300rpm but im trying the sport mode from time to time.
Anyway, it is disturbing when it shifts from 3rd to 4th.
I would go back and demand that they check the transmission fluid level. If they won't, then find a dealer who will.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I just had a tsb done last week for a software flash to help with 3-4 and 4-5 harshness and so far it is much improved. It’s funny I keep bracing for it since I had become so used to it.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I just had a tsb done last week for a software flash to help with 3-4 and 4-5 harshness and so far it is much improved. It’s funny I keep bracing for it since I had become so used to it.
Would you happen to have the number of that tsb?

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Had it done to mine yesterday. And I made them check my fluid too. It was OK. I was kinda surprised.

Attachments

Last edited:

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Mine has an issue going from 1st to 2nd in sport mode where it pauses trying to engage the gear but afterwards is completely fine.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Mine in Sport+ Mode and only if I use the paddles sometimes remains stuck in gear, usually the lower ones, If I push to higher RPMs.

For example: I put her in Sport +, gear lever in S and I downshift to second she remains stuck in second even if I ask for third via the paddles. I put the back the shifter in D (but mode stays in Sport+) the she goes to third.
If I use the paddles in D she responds fine. Go figure.
Sponsored