Sponsored

Automatic Shift Knob Swap

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
for those who did the swap, my stock auto shifter has little imperfections, (bought used) if someone has one they want to get rid of that is more in mint condition can you pm me a price you would want for it?
I'll have one for sale as I bought the WM unit. I'll ping you when i do the swap if you still need one.
Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
I finally got my custom shift knob from Speed Dawg. Finished up installation today. I had to wrap the adapter with a sticker to fill in the slop between the inner and outer pieces. Not bad but it still feels a little too loose for my taste. I'll have to do something else to it later.
No Spring yet, going shopping today.
finally did my install of the shift knob. got the adapter and knob from Sickspeed, custom knob, red with the shift pattern engraved on the top in black. doesn't show well in the pictures, too much light, and the manual boot. Fairly easy install, only issues were getting the trim ring off and adjusting the new shaft to the right place. also used a spring as suggested in the posts. Just want to thank everyone that posted on this thread for their help. this is a much better look

View attachment shift knob 3.pdf

View attachment shift knob 2.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
[MENTION=16635]Jak112460[/MENTION]

The shifter on left is original that I made and the other is revised and shorter.
So, do you press down on the ball to engage and move the shifter?

Any operational issues since your install?

As others have asked, have you inquired with your CNC shop to see if they had an order for say 5, 10 or 25+ of the collars, would they sell for a better or more reasonable price? I mean after all, they should already have the CAD file saved and just need to pop them out.

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=16635]Jak112460[/MENTION]

So, do you press down on the ball to engage and move the shifter?

Any operational issues since your install?

As others have asked, have you inquired with your CNC shop to see if they had an order for say 5, 10 or 25+ of the collars, would they sell for a better or more reasonable price? I mean after all, they should already have the CAD file saved and just need to pop them out.
You just push down on the ball and it works like stock. Reverse lockout works too. The problem with this is that I modified the actual shifter too. You could use what I made without modification but I wanted the shifter to look and sit low like a short shifter.

rpinson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You just push down on the ball and it works like stock. Reverse lockout works too. The problem with this is that I modified the actual shifter too. You could use what I made without modification but I wanted the shifter to look and sit low like a short shifter.
your second version is almost exactly what I was envisioning as an option when I started reading this thread. I'd definitely be willing to pay a decent amount (for sure more than WM charges) to have the same if it were ever available from the shop you used. The shifter is by far my least favorite part of the car.

Eneely13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible (ecoboost)
Does anyone know how to get replacements for the little screws? Mine worked their way loose and fell down into the console.
Sponsored