Sponsored

Automatic Shift Knob Swap

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Does anyonr know how to get the stock shift knob off the ATs? Or maybe what mighy go into a swap?
Sponsored

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Answered my own question. Removal is easy. Two phillips head screws on the front side then pull. The knob pulls out of the boot. As far as replacement, would need something with a physical button on the very top unless u replace the entire shaft

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I dont think there are any aftermarket auto knobs. There were very few for the previous years too.

Thanks for the tip to take it off though, I was looking at it the other day. I was thinking of swapping in the manual shift boot because the gear markings on the shifter are useless and there is no indicator or light up that make it even worth having there (and is on the gauge display anyway). Plus the black paint on the edge of the plastic where the gear markings are already rubbing off on the edge from the shift boot rubbing along it.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont think there are any aftermarket auto knobs. There were very few for the previous years too.

Thanks for the tip to take it off though, I was looking at it the other day. I was thinking of swapping in the manual shift boot because the gear markings on the shifter are useless and there is no indicator or light up that make it even worth having there (and is on the gauge display anyway). Plus the black paint on the edge of the plastic where the gear markings are already rubbing off on the edge from the shift boot rubbing along it.
I am just gonna find out how to replace the entire shaft. I hate the stock one. I want to mod a hurst to go in there.

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
I too am hoping somebody makes a shift knob, or at least a boot that covers up the gear indicator. I'm not trying to pass my auto off as a manual. I just think it's a much better look.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I too am hoping somebody makes a shift knob, or at least a boot that covers up the gear indicator. I'm not trying to pass my auto off as a manual. I just think it's a much better look.
That's what I want to do, the indicator in this car is useless and it doesn't light up or even indicate what position you're in anyway. My boot is already scuffing the black paint to the right of the letters.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am just gonna find out how to replace the entire shaft. I hate the stock one. I want to mod a hurst to go in there.
I doubt it without substantial modification. You need a lockout as in the shifter button.

If you mean the Hurst from the 2010-2014 Hurst made for autos, I don't know if that would fit. The 2015 is a completely different car and doubt they share any parts/dimensions and the shift lockout button is on top now unlike the previous years.

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it without substantial modification. You need a lockout as in the shifter button.

If you mean the Hurst from the 2010-2014 Hurst made for autos, I don't know if that would fit. The 2015 is a completely different car and doubt they share any parts/dimensions.
Nah im talking totally custom. Maybe with and old t style lockout.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Has anyone thought of pulling the AT's boot and having Redline Goods make a custom boot? Already considering a new armrest cover and boot in alcantara/suede to match the GT350 steering wheel I'll grab.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Has anyone thought of pulling the AT's boot and having Redline Goods make a custom boot? Already considering a new armrest cover and boot in alcantara/suede to match the GT350 steering wheel I'll grab.
I hope they are, I got Saddle and I don't want black leather if it can be avoided

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I hope they are, I got Saddle and I don't want black leather if it can be avoided

If not, it will be shortly after I get my 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
:tsk:
Probably hazelnut. But I believe they're willing to find a match if they get an actual swatch of the Deep Saddle color in the Mustangs. They did a good HoF of matching stitching before for Fiesta ST owners with the Molten Orange Recaro seats.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers
Definitely contacting them soon about it
Sponsored