Sponsored

'Auto Armor' etched on side windows?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I just noticed this today on both the passenger and driver side windows. Both have a lightly etched 'Auto Armor' name with the VIN under it. Is this the window etching service the dealers try to sell you?

I ordered my car and opted out of this. I double checked my paperwork and definitely did NOT pay for it nor any 'extras' sold by finance. I'm starting to wonder if they made a mistake and put it on anyway.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Sounds like it to me

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
90% of those "upsell" items are already on the car. The dealers mark them up so hi they afford to give them away to customers who opt out because they know that more suckers will pay for it then those who don't.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
90% of those "upsell" items are already on the car. The dealers mark them up so hi they afford to give them away to customers who opt out because they know that more suckers will pay for it then those who don't.
This car was ordered and not sitting on the lot, i literally saw it the day it came in and took delivery 2 days later.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford does not etch glass, so it had to be the receiving Dealership that did it.

In some States window etching w/VIN can get you an annual discount on the comprehensive part of the policy. Since you didn't enroll and don't have an account for the etching, you probably can't pursue the benefits.
Sponsored