Australians get a second compensation

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
"The new program applies to the 450 Australian 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 buyers who purchased their vehicles prior to April 29th, 2021 – the date when the brochure error got corrected. At issue was the advertisement of three features that are not available on the Australian model: the Torsen limited-slip differential, Reverse Sensing System, and Adaptive Cruise Control. It should be noted that all three of the aforementioned features are standard equipment on the U.S. market Mach 1, so it is possible that something got lost in translation."

This second compensation is $5400. We don't have adaptive cruise control either. And when they say reverse sensing system is that warning alert backing up or just the camera?
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone has reverse sensing (camera turning on in rear gear), no-one has reverse sensors or ACC so they got that wrong too. They didn't mention missing strutbrace which at least can be bought with this money :)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Honestly i would be absolutely livid if i bought one and didn’t get what i ordered. They’re is absolutely no excuse for how this went down and i still think they’re not doing enough

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’m looking at retrofitting the torsen. But from what I can work out that will breach the warranty which is somewhat ironic. Waiting for confirmation on that. Not too fussed about the adaptive cruise control as mine isn’t a daily driver. Reverse parking sensors have to be fitted aftermarket and are around $900. Not going to bother with those either. Strut brace and gearing were not identified on brochure but will order the Strut brace and fit it myself. Will order the 3.73 gearing but like the torsen will probably wait until the warranty period ends. Pain in the backside but it’s a great car and will definitely be keeping this one long term.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Honestly i would be absolutely livid if i bought one and didn’t get what i ordered. They’re is absolutely no excuse for how this went down and i still think they’re not doing enough
It’s called Covid….

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Everyone has reverse sensing (camera turning on in rear gear), no-one has reverse sensors or ACC so they got that wrong too. They didn't mention missing strutbrace which at least can be bought with this money :)
I get a sensor that beeps at me in reverse when it detects a car coming from off screen. Maybe they meant that?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I get a sensor that beeps at me in reverse when it detects a car coming from off screen. Maybe they meant that?
That is the cross-traffic alert that uses the BLIS sensors. The reverse sensing system uses small ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper. When backing up the systems will beep faster and faster as you approach an object. It is kind of redundant with a backup camera.

That is odd as the ACC isn't even available as an option here.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
That is the cross-traffic alert that uses the BLIS sensors. The reverse sensing system uses small ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper. When backing up the systems will beep faster and faster as you approach an object. It is kind of redundant with a backup camera.

That is odd as the ACC isn't even available as an option here.
Do you get the BLIS in the US version of Mach 1? I have asked the local dealer and he told me that the EU version cannot be fitted with it even afterwards as Ford had (supposedly) completely removed (or never installed) the control software from the car.

For the ACC missing, I guess this is the same story as the rear sensors. For some reason Ford decided that Mach 1 should not have any sensors in the bumpers, front or rear. ACC would need those.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Do you get the BLIS in the US version of Mach 1? I have asked the local dealer and he told me that the EU version cannot be fitted with it even afterwards as Ford had (supposedly) completely removed (or never installed) the control software from the car.

For the ACC missing, I guess this is the same story as the rear sensors. For some reason Ford decided that Mach 1 should not have any sensors in the bumpers, front or rear. ACC would need those.
Yes, BLIS is available on the US Mach 1. The ACC probably isn't available because the radar sensor is designed to work with the standard front bumper. I guess it would not be financially worth it for Ford to redesign/reprogram it for the Mach 1. I wouldn't think ACC shares any sensors with BLIS or the reverse sensing system .

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking at retrofitting the torsen. But from what I can work out that will breach the warranty which is somewhat ironic. Waiting for confirmation on that. Not too fussed about the adaptive cruise control as mine isn’t a daily driver. Reverse parking sensors have to be fitted aftermarket and are around $900. Not going to bother with those either. Strut brace and gearing were not identified on brochure but will order the Strut brace and fit it myself. Will order the 3.73 gearing but like the torsen will probably wait until the warranty period ends. Pain in the backside but it’s a great car and will definitely be keeping this one long term.
Eu spec Mach 1's have strut brace installed on them strange that the Australian ones don't from what I understand the Eu and Australian cars are the same. 3.55 gears and Track-Loc which totally kill the car acceleration and also the power is down 20 hp from US because of OPF here in EU. For the Torsen you need the Diff + gears in order to get it up to spec. Strut brace if you don't have is a must parking sensors not so much they are totally annoying and camera + mirrors is better anyway.

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
The Bullitts were advertised and brochured with the centre gauges in the dash when I ordered mine, didn't get them though and not a word from Ford!

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Eu spec Mach 1's have strut brace installed on them strange that the Australian ones don't from what I understand the Eu and Australian cars are the same. 3.55 gears and Track-Loc which totally kill the car acceleration and also the power is down 20 hp from US because of OPF here in EU. For the Torsen you need the Diff + gears in order to get it up to spec. Strut brace if you don't have is a must parking sensors not so much they are totally annoying and camera + mirrors is better anyway.
No strut brace here due to RHD. From memory the rest is very similar to EU spec. On the positive side I wanted a car I could work on in future years and Ford will contribute towards the parts !

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No strut brace here due to RHD. From memory the rest is very similar to EU spec. On the positive side I wanted a car I could work on in future years and Ford will contribute towards the parts !
totally forgot it's RHD that make sense. Strut Brace is not that hard to install though.
Sponsored