Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
The Mantic is the twin ceramic disc. Was noisy at idle for a bit other than that no issues. The car doesn't like car parks or anything low speed because everything is hard mounted it bunny hops almost, you just have to ride the clutch a bit or choose your route.

I'm hoping 3in a bank will be enough V8. Each side has a bank of 4 cylinders flowing through 3 in. I'm not a smart man but I'm sure someone could workout the fluid dynamics or there will be an app for it?

The "LOST" sleeves arrived today from MMR free of charge they used UPS and the package actually looked like a box compared to FedEx. So MASSIVE shout out to MMR for their generosity (Can you guess which one was delivered by FedEx)

MMR package FedEx 2.jpg

MMR package FedEx.jpg

MMR Package UPS 2.jpg

MMR Package UPS.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Yay out of Hospital early.

I was thinking about the damage to the OPG if the crank was out of round.

First thing I did when I got home was to check the end play of the crank 0.05mm or 0.002 whatever that is in inch?

So I'm all packing everything up to go to the Engineering shop Monday to drop everything off. Sleeves installed and crank balanced. Only issue it gets dropped to the back of the line and then have to wait......

More to come!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Good to hear Matt :thumbsup:

What's allowable end play? IIRC the cranks are forged but that's no g'tee of straight.

What's the time frame for getting the engine back?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I'd like to try to get to about 23 - 25ish
Isn't that getting up a little too high on 11:1 comp ratio?
And yep you're right, you can only get more boost in if you can get it out the back fast.

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
The car will only be run on E85. I'm starting at 19psi and going to lean on psi until I start seeing knock. Plus the ecu can pull timing it's all too smart for me but I believe 11:1 and less boost is better (dealing with intercooling which is hard on the 2.9L Whipple)
The bottom end in this I believe will take it.
I'm starting to wish I had of gone to the 12mm studs but oh well it's done.
I'll see if I can write up a complete list of what has gone into the engine. It's been over built.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
So I'm still waiting on the engineering shop to get the work done. I've been thinking about it I'm going to cut my losses with those sleeves and just buy another set. whilst I'm at it, I'm going to buy the MMR race oil sump. My thinking it more oil the more cooling. I think in total I'll be running 10 - 11L of oil.

The issue I already know I'm going to run into is I have dropped the motor 1 inch and the oil filter is a bitch to get on and off it hits the frame and sway bar. I'm going to run a Mishimoto oil cooler that sandwiches between the engine and filter. Has anyone come onto this issue? Or should I just run a remote oil filter adapter? I've never run one before and only recently learnt about them. Any help appreciated

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
What's the exhaust diam Matt? With that power I'm thinking you'd need a hellacious intercooler and twin 3.5 pipes or better although with a Super the exh might be less of an issue than turbos.
Yeah you definitely don't need twin 3.5" exhausts on a Whipple to make power. You'll make a lot of power on twin 2.5" exhausts. And whipples don't run a front mount intercooler, it's part of the SC system.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Hey awesome thread. I'm just new to QLD and it's great seeing someone going all out on their late model mustang.

Hey, were the cats that grenaded the 100cell x-force ones that come as part of the kit?

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Huskeee they sure were. One limiter bash and the right one was gone and the left one wasn't far behind. Thay was on 700hp.Like I said don't need them, they look like they are in place in the police have a look.

I have twin 3 in which will let the engine breathe and hopefully make power. Trying to work out what the limiting factors will be? Fuel pumps, fuel injectors it will be interesting. However there is a ling road ahead of me.

I'm out Springfield way it will be good to do some meet ups when the car is running that's for sure!

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Huskeee they sure were. One limiter bash and the right one was gone and the left one wasn't far behind. Thay was on 700hp.Like I said don't need them, they look like they are in place in the police have a look.

I have twin 3 in which will let the engine breathe and hopefully make power. Trying to work out what the limiting factors will be? Fuel pumps, fuel injectors it will be interesting. However there is a ling road ahead of me.

I'm out Springfield way it will be good to do some meet ups when the car is running that's for sure!
Yeah that's actually pretty disgraceful that they failed like that. I was about to pull the trigger on a set, but deep inside I knew something wasn't right with how cheap they were (the cats that is).

The limiting factor will always be the wallet mate ha ha. I'm up on the sunny coast but will go to some meetups now that I'm settled and I have my car sorted.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow pretty cool thread! Fun to follow a fellow Gen 3 whipple car going for it.

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Sorry it has been so long to respond. I only recently picked up my machined block and crank balanced all nicely done!

Taking my time installing things, cleaning, measuring, cleaning again.

JE pistons and rings are perfect went in like butter helped with the ARP ring compressor (the first time I've used a ring compressor like that) The Boostline rods over the stock are a massive difference I really don't thing I'll have an issue with bending or breaking one of those.

When I ordered a whole bunch of stuff I managed to order the wrong head gasket so that has stopped me until the new one comes in next week.

I have some really cool parts to go on and will post what I have purchased and why.

20210624_141955.jpg

20210629_151502.jpg

20210630_124447.jpg

20210630_124521.jpg

20210702_095648.jpg

20210702_150419.jpg