Sponsored

Australian All In 17 build (Pic Heavy)

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Wasn't really happy with the front end but mainly the rear. Purchased MCA (Aussie Company) RED race series coil over (not true coil over in rear) As well as the upgraded sway bars. All installed and sent off for an alignment, same guy I use forever thing. Comes back all good. The rear of the car feels really light mid to off throttle mid turn. un-nerving. Go back to MCA and they are happy with the set up even threw in spare heavier spring and retainers for free nice work! I finally worked out both wheel bearing had gone at 15,000km I was shocked.
Great thread, I had my left rear wheel bearing go twice, once at 30000km then again at 45000km....suffice to say I can't help but check them periodically now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
I went aftermarket whole hub assembly they advertised that they had (Japanese bearings) in them. They have been okay for about 7,000km The issue I had was getting to the required torque then 45 degrees for the axle nut I can't remember off the top of my head but it's crazy!

Still waiting on parts plus a unplanned long visit to hospital nothing is happening except buy parts.

I'm not too sure weather to keep A/C or delete it. I rarely use it and I damaged the radiator looking condenser? What do you all think I'm in Brisbane and it not a everyday car.

I want to put better driver seat in, but being Australia I'd get thrown in prison if I had a race seat in it. Do it and make it look stock? The car is a sleeper it doesn't have any outside mods except wheels. Risk it for the biscuit? Last track day I was thrown everywhere in the stock seat banging my helmet against the A pillar.

Well that's where I am for a hopefully a few weeks and out of hospital, sleeves will be at home and everything to the Engineering shop.

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
I'm going to build the engine, I'm a qualified motorcycle mechanic and have built some high performance inline 4 race engines, only issues is there is two banks.

There will be lots of measuring and then measuring again. Before anything is assembled.
I'm really going to take my time and get it perfect.

I have the correct tooling if I haven't I've purchased it. ARP piston installer

I have the manual from Ford (there is printed out manual everywhere at the moment)

I feel more than confident to build the engine. Until it goes bang lol (then I only have myself to blame)

The Engineering work I have rung PLR Performance Engines to do the machining work. I haven't used them before however over the phone they had dealt with the Coyote engine a bit and had the torque plates for them etc.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear you've been in hospital mate hope all is coming back together well.

Jail for just fitting a race seat? Doesn't sound right. I thought you only had to think about it to get jail time :wink:.

Q around seat and ac seem to be part of the perennial 'dual purpose' dilemma. Both can be reversed and you can get the seat engineered for hopefully not too much coin. There might be an option with one of the old school Recaros (SR3?) as some of them had deep bolsters but weren't as hard to live with as a race seat and if you get a HANS device it should stop you from banging the A pillar. Or just get a HANS device and see how the stock seat goes. I wouldn't like the visibility limitations of a full race seat and neither would other road users probably, plus I reckon it'd be a cop magnet because it's so obvious. Also if you fit a fixed back/no forward tilt unit you might have to get it engineered and registered as a 2 seater as it would hinder rear seat occupant egress. You could possibly load up the race seat and change it over at the track, 20 min job at most?

If you take the ac out to save weight (?) because it's that important then IMHO you might as well strip the whole car. Cancel rego, buy a trailer...etc

I guess the question is 'what will you use it for most'?

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
I never wanted a race car. I wanted a car that was fast and can do anything, so A/C is back.

I'm just not a fan of the stock leather seats I was looking at the Sparco R333 however I'd like to sit in it and wiggle my arse in it. I'm not a huge fan of it but I could use a normal seat belt when in it as I'm pretty sure any other harness is illegal.

The QLD cops here are a little fine heavy $1200 for unregistered, I didn't even know it was out of rego.

There is no rear seat I've already deleted that.

sparco-r333.png

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Looks like a plan is forming.

IIRC you're contemplating a blower, are you building it to be blower ready (clearances, cams etc), NA with cams, or just NA for now?

Not sure what you've got planned for OPG but there's an interesting conversation going on atm on the Engine forum.

Can you say what brand the oxidised oil was?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Looks like a plan is forming.

IIRC you're contemplating a blower, are you building it to be blower ready (clearances, cams etc), NA with cams, or just NA for now?

Not sure what you've got planned for OPG but there's an interesting conversation going on atm on the Engine forum.

Can you say what brand the oxidised oil was?

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Car is already blown with a Whipple Gen3 going to 10 rib and starting at 3.5 pulley planning to pulley down to 2.75 if everything looks good.
I had Boundary OPG that came out of the car damaged. I'll be using another set but I'll be checking tolerances when going in and the MFP crank support.
I'm worried when I send the crank off to be balanced it will be out.

I'm happy to mane to the oil company "Penrite". After to talking to them I personally will never use another one of their products, to have that gunk build up at 5,000km oil changes is disappointing, their response was to only use '10 tenths' and change more frequently. I was using the HPR 10-40

To keep the wife happy cash wise the head flow well enough for me at this point in time I have purchased the GT350 upgraded main timing chains and the upgraded secondary chains. I have a set of phenolic spacers and a 7 gallon trunk mounted ice tank to keep it cool. (Was still working on wiring and pump placement)

Compression ratio is going to be about 11.1 but the car is totally run on E85 with an electronic gauge mounted on my A pillar. I have more than enough injector and pump to keep it happy / maybe

20200308_175540.jpg

20200820_125403.jpg

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
IIRC you're contemplating a blower, are you building it to be blower ready
Lol numerous shots of Whippleness on the first page. Dead giveaway.
I promise it's only my short term memory that's shot :crazy:. Blower or stock cams?

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Stock cams until I can travel to the states and bring parts back in my suitcase :crackup:

OP
OP
Matt-23

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
I'd like to try to get to about 23 - 25ish. My plan is to have a 1000hp car at the wheels, the car dynoed previously just shy of 700rwhp on a 3.75 6 rib stock harmonic balancer and 98 fuel. The car is ready for it except for somethings mentioned below. Anything above 1000 would be awesome!

I think the blower maxes out at 25psi on a 2.5 pulley but I don't have cats I have 1 7/8th headers into full 3 inch. The Xforce system comes with a suitcase in the centre which I'm having cut out and "X" piped

From my limited understanding with forced induction. Boost is back pressure at the manifold more air out, more air in, but less back pressure (I could be completely wrong) There are not a lot of force induced motorcycles.

I'm starting at a 3.5 pully with 20% overdriven balancer which Whipple states will give me 19psi to start with. I have seen on the gauge as high as mid 15s on stock motor with E85. I'll run with that for 1000km then really lean on it, hitting knock or until I start breaking stuff (gearbox will go). Upgraded driveshaft might give up too.

I've taken my time and jumped on deal and just on engine parts I've spent $14,395 so I'm getting up there there are still a few things to buy. I have the whole car build on an Excel Workbook (password protected from the wife lol)

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
What's the exhaust diam Matt? With that power I'm thinking you'd need a hellacious intercooler and twin 3.5 pipes or better although with a Super the exh might be less of an issue than turbos.

Your description of boost is pretty much right, my GTR had bungs everywhere including the exhast so I could see where the boost restrictions were and also one for the intake so I could see what sort or vacuum was being generated. Interesting results in a lot of cases.

What model was the Mantic and what 's it like to drive?
Sponsored

Last edited: