Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
What annoying me at the moment with S650 is that I have had a NSC for months, and now have an allocation for an October build, but Ford have not released pricing, which means I can't lock down a final spec.

The only thing I can think of with this strategy is that Ford are leaving it to the last minute before locking in a price and an exchange rate.
Its frustrating, however they are supposed to be releasing pricing later this month, although they could be stretching it to see what the RBA does with the Cash Rate the first Tuesday next month - which will impact the AUD.
Sponsored

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
What annoying me at the moment with S650 is that I have had a NSC for months, and now have an allocation for an October build, but Ford have not released pricing, which means I can't lock down a final spec.
I'm afraid we're all in the same boat, DFB.
What currently annoys me the most, based on the leaked AU Options document from January, is the apparent lack of choice with options.
Appearance Pack not available with MagneRide etc makes no sense.
... and don't get me started on not being able to get a Space Grey interior, now that I've seen it!

Anyway, hope to see you (and your brilliantly documented cabinet!) over on 7G more often.
I think for some of us, this 6G Forum will largely become irrelevant (and forgotten) once our new S650 toys arrive.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm afraid we're all in the same boat, DFB.
What currently annoys me the most, based on the leaked AU Options document from January, is the apparent lack of choice with options.
Appearance Pack not available with MagneRide etc makes no sense.
... and don't get me started on not being able to get a Space Grey interior, now that I've seen it!

Anyway, hope to see you (and your brilliantly documented cabinet!) over on 7G more often.
I think for some of us, this 6G Forum will largely become irrelevant (and forgotten) once our new S650 toys arrive.
Don't get me started on the lack of customization. I have been pleading for Ford to offer an interior other than black for years now, I would have the red seats in a heartbeat.

24ri101.jpg

24ri102.jpg

I also really like these star spoke wheels........................

s650203.jpg

..................but we only get these ugly things..........................

s650202.jpg

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Its frustrating, however they are supposed to be releasing pricing later this month, although they could be stretching it to see what the RBA does with the Cash Rate the first Tuesday next month - which will impact the AUD.
Remember around 2012, when our Pacific Peso was actually better than parity?
In hindsight, we should have been loading up on greenbacks for a rainy day. :facepalm:

Australian Dollar to US Dollar Long-Term Forecast

Looking further ahead, Westpac was forecasting an AUD/USD exchange rate of 0.76 by June 2024 and NAB was predicting AUD to be 0.78 to the US dollar by June 2024.

That’s an increase from the bank’s forecasts last September, where Westpac was forecasting the Australian dollar to be worth 0.74 by June 2024 while NAB predicted 0.72 to the dollar for the same time period.

CBA economists have predicted a much more tepid recovery over the next 12 months. The bank predicted the exchange rate would slip over the next quarter to June 2023, and to reach 0.68 by June 2024.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/au/investing/currencies/aud-to-usd-forecast-and-trends/

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I have said it before some of you are putting the cart before the horse, what the USA pays will have no bearing on how FOA price it here. There is no way it is going to be cheaper than the outgoing model FBT or no. I suspect that only DFB5.0 has a handle on what is really going on and is taking a wait and see approach as to how he configures his vehicle. Stevefreestyle continues to look at everything through rose coloured glasses but it won't be long now before you are all put out of your misery.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I have said it before some of you are putting the cart before the horse, what the USA pays will have no bearing on how FOA price it here. There is no way it is going to be cheaper than the outgoing model FBT or no. I suspect that only DFB5.0 has a handle on what is really going on and is taking a wait and see approach as to how he configures his vehicle. Stevefreestyle continues to look at everything through rose coloured glasses but it won't be long now before you are all put out of your misery.
Hilarious! As for "Rose Coloured Glasses", I have already said we will have to wait and see what FoA does regarding pricing, however I am a hardened Finance Broker and only look at hard contextual and objective (empirical) facts, with the rational application of history, Reason and Logic - the very anthesis to (Postmodernist) rationalised emotion and subjectivism.

The issue is the Pricing Increase Policy of the Parent Company for a similarly Configured Car for the MY24 over the MY23 - as we already know the respective pricing on both the US and AU MY23. The FACT is, this is US$150 for the GT Coupe and US$1,400 for the Dark Horse/Mach-1, which should also reflect FoAs Costing. Simple Logic, however still no certainty as to the outcome.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You're dreaming.
Now there is a classic Irony - can you read ?

This is exactly what stupid and ignorant people do - they attack the credibility of the person (ad-hominem) , because they are intellectually incapable of addressing the issue or rational argument.

There is no accounting for lack of IQ and (proper) education

Last edited:

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Whatever the prices will be you can guarantee that the dealerships will still hock them up more that what they’re actually worth….so I’ll stick with my S/C S550 😊

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I have asked Stevefreestyle before to nominate a price for the new mustang and he refuses to do so but he keeps trying to hope for as cheap as possible as he has skin in the game. He keeps telling everyone his thoughts but will not accept the fact that no matter what it may be it will definitley be more than the outgoing Mustangs price. Lack of availability and the fact that FOA will want a decent margin will mean it wont be. Also current interest rates are going to determine the upcoming price not future ones , and at the moment they are not healthy. I will say it again $80k+ for a GT mustang and minimum $105+ for a dark horse. So be brave and give us a price not your politicians non answer as usual.

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I have asked Stevefreestyle before to nominate a price for the new mustang and he refuses to do so but he keeps trying to hope for as cheap as possible as he has skin in the game. He keeps telling everyone his thoughts but will not accept the fact that no matter what it may be it will definitley be more than the outgoing Mustangs price. Lack of availability and the fact that FOA will want a decent margin will mean it wont be. Also current interest rates are going to determine the upcoming price not future ones , and at the moment they are not healthy. I will say it again $80k+ for a GT mustang and minimum $105+ for a dark horse. So be brave and give us a price not your politicians non answer as usual.
Its actually not that difficult to get a rough back of the envelope idea on what price an oz spec s650 will be . Using the Us build system spec a car as close as you can to what we are likely to get . Multiply that price by 1.55 . couple adjustments on shipping/customs , LCT and you will likely get a ballpark number thats not too far from what the reality will be . It's what i did . . AUD is trending down and outside the pandemic dip we are in the worst 5% exchange rate in decades . Make of this what you will . Now traditionally the exchange rate is quoted as AUDUSD but im provdiing USDAUD to give you the exact multiplier which at the exchange close this morning is 1.56 . Do the maths guys , sticker shock is going to be a thing for many out there . I am led to believe the cost of customs/handling/bioshit getting cars into australia has risen significantly as well but i havent even put that into my calcs as i dont have that data but i will try and find it . Maths not emotions

Edit ... I just built a mustang GT premium with auto , active exhaust , Brembos and the Premium 401A package and that came out at $55600 USD , thats seemed same spec as OZ base GT FN s550 . mutliply that by 1.56 and you can see where i came up with approx $85k , like i said previously happy to be totally wrong . Of course the new OZ stang could be a different spec but the last one all we got to go off at this stage ..

ScreenShot2100.jpg

ScreenShot2101.jpg

ScreenShot2096.jpg

Last edited:

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Found out the Acquistion fee is not apllicable outside a leasing deal so you can take that away . I was actually using $55k ( rounded down ) exactly as my reference number anyway but least all know now

Jim Owens, Brand Manager for the Mustang, told Australian media that
" The new Mustang is due to arrive in Australia in the first quarter of 2024 with a three-tier line-up consisting of the EcoBoost, V8-powered GT and the new Dark Horse variant. Detailed pricing and specifications for the new range won’t be revealed until closer to that date. "

Last edited:

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
It seems that s650 delivery is getting further away not closer due to ongoing UAW developments but there may be a silver lining to it , The longer it takes to release pricing it gives more time for AUD to recover and potentially save a bit of cash for those waiting . Of course that can work both ways but AUD weakness is overdone imo

ScreenShot2282.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...aw-talks-avoid-wider-auto-strikes-2023-09-21/

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
It seems that s650 delivery is getting further away not closer due to ongoing UAW developments but there may be a silver lining to it , The longer it takes to release pricing it gives more time for AUD to recover and potentially save a bit of cash for those waiting . Of course that can work both ways but AUD weakness is overdone imo
Previous forecasts have suggested the AUD should strengthen against the greenback in the later part of this year, into early 24.

This article is dated, but here's hoping!

Capture.JPG

Source: https://www.afr.com/markets/currenc...june-2024-quarter-wells-fargo-20230224-p5cn8o

With apologies to our friends on the other side of the pond, but we need the US economy to turn to absolute shit.

I'm not sure if that helps us though, if we're price locked into an October '23 price (latest rumor on price and specs).
FoA will be rubbing their hand together, being invoiced in USD$ at the time of delivery from the parent however.
Sponsored