Sponsored

Aussie Mustang - Oil change warning

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Oil warning change sensor came on at 8800ks , so I booked a service at my dealership, $425 cop that !!!
Wow, name and shame I say.
Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Wow, name and shame I say.
$425 is the published guaranteed price for a standard service for a Mustang GT ($330 for the EB). That standard service shouldn't need to be done though till 1 year/15,000km

http://www.ford.com.au/owners/service/calculator

I would be challenging Ford as to why the need to service well in advance of the scheduled servicing interval both in terms of time and km's

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
and to think in 10-12 years most of these cars will be running cheap turbo's, filling up 1.25 litre coke bottle catch cans every run or two down the highway....

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$425 is the published guaranteed price for a standard service for a Mustang GT ($330 for the EB). That standard service shouldn't need to be done though till 1 year/15,000km

http://www.ford.com.au/owners/service/calculator

I would be challenging Ford as to why the need to service well in advance of the scheduled servicing interval both in terms of time and km's
Wow what a rip off. So basically charging consumables @ full retail price plus $200/hr labour.

I still think dealers that decide to charge the maximum they can should be named so others know to avoid them.

Sponsored

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
That's why I started this and I won't be going to the dealership AT ALL.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70327
I've sent a message to Ford on Facebook, citing the number of people who see this oil warning with anywhere from 3000-9000 km and 3-t months and the inconsistency with how Dealers are dealing with it (some just reset, others perform the first service).

I've asked them to explain what their position is on this, and why anyone should be expected to pay for a service way before the scheduled interval of 15,000 km/12 months.

I will post whatever they come back with.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to find a better dealer
Unfortunately they all look the same and it's not like they're Maccas. There's usually only 2, maybe 3 that are conveniently located to you and you don't know what they're like until you use them.

Far easier to just go to someone you know or a workshop that's well regarded or simply DIY (simple things like an oil and filter change aren't exactly rocket surgery).

I think the only time my car has been to a dealership in the 7 years since I bought it was for a recall. Car before that was leased so had to use a dealership but all the cars before that big jobs were done at a mates workshop before he retired and smaller things were done at home.

Sponsored

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
Yes, I can see your point.
Just keep in mind that not all independent workshops are honest.
My youngest brother had a few "interesting" experiences in the past with both dealers and independents (euro vehicles) until he finally found one that he trusts.
There are shonky operators in every trade.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My youngest brother had a few "interesting" experiences in the past with both dealers and independents (euro vehicles) until he finally found one that he trusts.
Amen to that... maybe we should compile a good mechanics list for noobs like me who has never done an oil change in my life before lol.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely true. It just seems to be easier to find recommendations for indpendents than dealers.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Well has anybody got a totally trustworthy mechanic in Sydney metro ? I mean the no bullshit & honest one . Not the one that uses the mustang tax as I have without naming names almost got stung a couple of times . There's a lot of shady pricks out there !!!